Anyone had a spa balcony on Sunrise lately?

80sGal

We were on the Sunrise in December for a B2B and several times around the Serenity area, we noticed a raw sewage smell -- so bad one day that I couldn't sit up there.   Looking to book a short 5 day cruise for a birthday celebration, and the Sunrise has an itinerary that will work.    My DD will be my travel companion, and I was thinking about surprising her with a spa balcony instead of one midship on Empress.   THEN, I remembered the sewer smell.   Has anyone been on Sunrise since New Years?   Did you notice a problem, and especially if you were in a spa balcony?   I want to be able to breathe fresh air sitting on the balcony -- not the septic system!!!   (And I'm also wondering about motion that far forward and high -- can anyone comment on that, too?)    After a bad experience Aft on Horizon, I swore off the aft of any ship due to vibration -- but we've never done Forward.   So, between the concern about sewage odor and motion, I'm just looking for input before I pay the deposit for Empress, or change it to Spa on Deck 10.    (The open cabins are under the treatment rooms, so I assumed that would be quiet.)    Thanks for any input!

We are just off the Carnival Sunrise (March 17th sailling). We were in Spa balcony cabin 1057 and never noticed the sewage smell on the balcony. However, I will agree that we slightly smelled sewage at different places around the ship and one of them the serenity deck. 

In terms of motion, there will certainly be a bit more motion forward than mid ship. However, on our sailling the waters were so smooth that we did not feel the ship moving at all. 

We loved the convenience of being on deck 10 (close to the pool deck) and enjoyed the abillity to use the thermal passes (complimentary with the Spa cabin).

Edited by Cruises are the best
  • Thanks 1