Puerto Plata tour companies

Alabama Alan

We will be docking at Amber Cove in the fall of 2022 and this will be our first visit to the Dominican Republic.  We will avoid the falls, so the most likely excursion will be a tour of the city.

I see that Iguana Mama and Marysol offer some of the same type tours.  We will decide whether or not to include a beach or the cable car or just go to the museum, plaza, etc.  I also notice an Isaira Tours.

Trip Advisor has good reviews for "Rigo or Leonel"

Does anyone have experience with any of these companies?

Edited by Alabama Alan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just there last month. We chose RV tours. We wanted a private tour. We could pick and choose any sites we wanted. Our guide well versed, experienced and worked with us to tailor the experience. We had a guide and driver and a nice large vehicle. The private tour was $20 more but worth it to us to be able to customize. And all day long we were ahead of the big tours. Apologize for offering you another option. Give them a look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

As the time for our trip approaches, I've searched again and see good reviews for Edwin Transfer.  The costs are comparable to Marysol, though the latter includes some beach time.

Does anyone have experience with either of these companies?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:27 AM, bertha said:

Hi, Just there last month. We chose RV tours. We wanted a private tour. We could pick and choose any sites we wanted. Our guide well versed, experienced and worked with us to tailor the experience. We had a guide and driver and a nice large vehicle. The private tour was $20 more but worth it to us to be able to customize. And all day long we were ahead of the big tours. Apologize for offering you another option. Give them a look. 

We just booked with RV Tours for our cruise in November.  I spoke to the owner Rene and he fully explained the tours and even customized it for what we wanted to do.  Roughly the same price as the other tours.  

On 9/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, hrmkr said:

We just booked with RV Tours for our cruise in November.  I spoke to the owner Rene and he fully explained the tours and even customized it for what we wanted to do.  Roughly the same price as the other tours.  

Do you mind sharing what your customized tour consisted of? We will be there on our anniversary and I’d love a private extension tour since we have never been. 

5 hours ago, stunned said:

Do you mind sharing what your customized tour consisted of? We will be there on our anniversary and I’d love a private extension tour since we have never been. 

We were able to swap out going to the Rum Factory instead of going to the Cigar factory.  Contact him and you might be able to set something specific up on what you want to do.  He is very flexible.

• Like 1