LFT/Antigen Test for Valiant Lady 2nd May 2022

Tracyken

We booked late for the 2 May 2022 sailing on Valiant Lady from Portsmouth to Barcelona.  The testing information says:-

For UK residents only sailing on Valiant Lady we are currently able to offer a FREE at home option with our approved testing partner. Details will be emailed to you in advance of your sailing. 

However there just over a week to go and I haven’t heard anything.  I’ve tried to call Virgin Voyages but there are long call waiting times.

Can anyone who sailed from Portsmouth advise?

Thank you..

3 hours ago, Tracyken said:

We booked late for the 2 May 2022 sailing on Valiant Lady from Portsmouth to Barcelona.  The testing information says:-

For UK residents only sailing on Valiant Lady we are currently able to offer a FREE at home option with our approved testing partner. Details will be emailed to you in advance of your sailing. 

However there just over a week to go and I haven’t heard anything.  I’ve tried to call Virgin Voyages but there are long call waiting times.

Thank you..

I’ve done two of the ex-Portsmouth Valiant Lady sailings this year. For the first one the testing details were emailed 6 days before departure, and for the second 15 days before.

If you haven’t heard anything by Monday I would definitely call as you need a code to order the testing kit from their provider NPH and it may take 2 or 3 days to arrive.

14 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

I’ve done two of the ex-Portsmouth Valiant Lady sailings this year. For the first one the testing details were emailed 6 days before departure, and for the second 15 days before.

If you haven’t heard anything by Monday I would definitely call as you need a code to order the testing kit from their provider NPH and it may take 2 or 3 days to arrive.

Thank you so much for the information.  Did you enjoy your cruises?  There is such mixed feedback from wonderful to awful!  I was on Sky Princess recently and that was the same.  I thought the food was excellent and others completely disagreed!

5 hours ago, Tracyken said:

Thank you so much for the information.  Did you enjoy your cruises?  There is such mixed feedback from wonderful to awful!  I was on Sky Princess recently and that was the same.  I thought the food was excellent and others completely disagreed!

I did, very much. You simply won’t find better food on a cruise ship that you don’t have to pay extra for. And the crew are superb. Entertainment is hit and miss, but as long as you accept that VV are trying to be different, hopefully you’ll love it. But I can see why people who like traditional cruising with its formal nights, set seating MDRs and song & dance production shows wouldn’t enjoy it.

5 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I did, very much. You simply won’t find better food on a cruise ship that you don’t have to pay extra for. And the crew are superb. Entertainment is hit and miss, but as long as you accept that VV are trying to be different, hopefully you’ll love it. But I can see why people who like traditional cruising with its formal nights, set seating MDRs and song & dance production shows wouldn’t enjoy it.

Thanks for the information.  We do cruise with Princess but prefer anytime dining and don’t go to the shows very often.  We’ll keep an open mind and I’m sure we’ll love it.

On 4/23/2022 at 3:24 PM, Tracyken said:

Thank you..

Did you sort this out? I got an email I think about 2 weeks beforehand, you need to get a test delivered to you (for free) they give you a specific code to enter so they know it's you being tested. Or you can arrange your own test