FCC from cancelled Escape

jd51bby

We were on the cancelled 9th April Escape sailing and switched to Encore. As part of the switch we received FCC of 100% of the voyage fare. Just been talking to NCL to price-up another cruise to use the FCC and were a bit surprised to hear we can only use the FCC on base voyage fare. We had originally thought it could also be used on flights, taxes etc, but apparently not. The Peace of Mind FCC list seems to include all these things, so is this different?

1 hour ago, jd51bby said:

We were on the cancelled 9th April Escape sailing and switched to Encore. As part of the switch we received FCC of 100% of the voyage fare. Just been talking to NCL to price-up another cruise to use the FCC and were a bit surprised to hear we can only use the FCC on base voyage fare. We had originally thought it could also be used on flights, taxes etc, but apparently not. The Peace of Mind FCC list seems to include all these things, so is this different?

We are having the same issue with our FCC from cancelled Escape cruise.  I called our PCC yesterday asking what we could use it for, and he made it sound like we could use it on the base fare, taxes and fees, and Free At Sea gratuities, but not on prepaid service charges or prebooked shore excursions like it lists on the website.  He wasn't very straightforward with his answers, so we honestly have no idea.

It is also frustrating that we cannot see the FCC in our account online, have to call to get the amount and to apply it to a booking.

We priced the cruise with base fare, flights, taxes, free at sea and service charges.  When the FCC was applied the system only deducted up to the base fare.  The agent double-checked and confirmed that it could not be used on the other items.  This also meant we had FCC left over and apparently this then gets lost.  Be interested in experience of others.

I spoke with our PCC again today, and had him price out a cruise to double check this.  He assured us when pricing it that the cruise fare, taxes and fees, and FAS gratuities can be covered with our credit, but could not cover things like specialty dining, shore excursions, etc.  He did mention that our FCC works a little bit differently than the Peace of Mind policy, but that this is what could be covered.

I recapped this in a follow up email to him right after our call, so if they try to tell us something different when we book we have something to hold them to.  Will let you know how that goes!

Thanks for the info.  After a bit more reading it sounds like there may be at least 2 types of FCC - regular and bonus.  The cruise fare only restriction and one-off use it or lose it suggests ours has been registered as bonus FCC.  That's my take anyway, it's all a bit confusing.

Well, our PCC went to book our cruise with the FCC earned from our cancelled Escape cruise, and @jd51bby is correct:  it can only be used towards the base cruise fare.  You must pay out of pocket for taxes, fees and gratuities.  Our PCC wasn't aware of this and had to have the Resolutions dept explain how it works to him.

Hope this is helpful info for everyone who was affected by these cancelled Escape cruises, but very disappointing.  The "100% FCC" listed in the terms emailed to us was only for what we paid for the voyage fare , and now we are only allowed to apply it to the base fare of another cruise.  We would understand if we knew this beforehand, but this was not at all explained by NCL at the time of cancellation or anytime after.  Am I the only one who thinks this is shady on NCL's part?       

Can't speak to last two years of fcc, but we had fcc for a trip cut short.  It was an amount we could never calculate despite using spreadsheet and info from TA.  It was off the 'base fare' which a number we never saw and the smallest of any number we could find.  Ymmv.

I also thought this was pretty shady from NCL.  The email we got about the cruise being cancelled clearly says we will get Future Cruise Credit, but when I called, every representative called it a "coupon" and said that it could not be used in the same way.  Also, it expires in a year, so that is kind of inconvenient if you don't have unlimited vacation time.

I wonder which kind of FCC we will get. I was not allowed to board this Monday on the TA from NYC on the Escape. We tested positive for Covid. Today we are negative. All money back via FCC. I booked a b2b next May to June on the Prima so I figured I would use the fcc then. I did pay in advance grats, excursions etc. will they allow me to apply that for the Prima cruises.