RCI Excursion Haines of the Beaten Track

BethersD

Hi Everyone

RCI has this excursion listed but doesn't give any information about what it entails... thought I'd see if anyone here has done it, or has the inside track on what this tour entails.

Thanks

Leave from Haines or Skagway? If from Skagway then you boat to Haines and various things in Haines. We went on a river wildlife viewing float trip. No salmon so no wildlife. We booked from ship and were one hour late getting back and the ship left as soon as we stepped back on the ship. Even with no wildlife we enjoyed the each of the boat rides. One of our first trips so I would have higher expectations now. sightcrr. 

On 4/28/2022 at 1:11 PM, SightCRR said:

Leave from Haines or Skagway? If from Skagway then you boat to Haines and various things in Haines. We went on a river wildlife viewing float trip. No salmon so no wildlife. We booked from ship and were one hour late getting back and the ship left as soon as we stepped back on the ship. Even with no wildlife we enjoyed the each of the boat rides. One of our first trips so I would have higher expectations now. sightcrr. 

We are in Skagway until 3 and then move over to Haines from 5pm-10pm. The excursion is on the RCI list, there's no description as to what 'Off the Beaten Track' is, so I was curious if it's new or if it's something others have done.

14 hours ago, SightCRR said:

I can't help with recommendation, but I did find this. 

Onboard Experience - Royal Caribbean International

If it is available during the evening I would say your chance of seeing wildlife is greater than mid day. 

sightcrr. 

Thanks! I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to look at RCI excursions in general.