Confused... Which test do we need to board ship in Italy? How does it all work?

ddakrt

Hi everyone,

I've tried to search but it just made me more confused... We're boarding Norwegian Escape in a little over 2 weeks in Civitavecchia. I'm seeing some people having good experience with lifecenters.ca, but I'm completely lost in how all of this works.

We're all vaccinated and boosted adults, so I believe we need an Antigen test that's negative within the last 72 hours. Do we just get an antigen test from our local pharmacy? How does a website like lifecenters.ca come into play? 

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can shed some light for me. Thanks a bunch in advanced. 

Chris

Things have been changing over the last two months. And it depends on the CruiseLine. I am doing a cruise out of Rome, on Celebrity, and the requirements are an antigen test two days prior to boarding.

We are flying in 5 days early (because ,well, it’s ROME)

I will be doing an online proctored test with the test kit I am bringing with me. If you look on this forum, there is a great thread either on the first or second page explaining how to do this. Shoppers drug mart can give you the rapid antigen test as well, as long as you are not flying in several days ahead.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cookie002 said:

I will be doing an online proctored test with the test kit I am bringing with me. If you look on this forum, there is a great thread either on the first or second page explaining how to do this. Shoppers drug mart can give you the rapid antigen test as well, as long as you are not flying in several days ahead.

Who are you doing the proctored test with? I was going to use Switch Health but on a recent mini cruise we had a good experience with Azova. It was nice that we were able to use our freebie test kits. Wondering whether that is also acceptable for a Med cruise, specifically a Celebrity cruise out of Barcelona.