How many covid tests do I need?

My spouse and I are travelling to Italy next month to embark on a cruise to Greece, Croatia, and Montenegro. I currently have 5 eMed tests (proctored) and a few other self tests that are not proctored. I'm trying to figure out if this is enough.

If I understand correctly, we need to take a test within one day of arrival in Italy. Since we leave on a Wednesday afternoon and don't arrive until Thursday morning, I guess this means we need to test on Wednesday before our flight, and only on Wednesday, not before. (so that's two test kits needed for myself and my spouse)

Then, we have to test within one day of boarding the ship, right? So on Saturday before sailing on Sunday. (two more test kits needed)

For our B2B, it is my understanding that Royal will provide a test before the second leg of the cruise.

Finally, we need to test one day before flying back to the US, correct? (two more kits needed, so now we are up to six)

And just to be safe I would like to have a spare kit or two in case of some error or failure of the test. I'm sure all of these need to be proctored and a standard home test will not be sufficient.

Do I have all of this correct? It is so confusing. I'm willing to do whatever tests are required but worried about screwing something up. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has travelled to Europe recently about how you handled this.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CyberTag said:

Just read that there is no more testing for B2B cruises.  I also believe Italy no longer requires tests.

That's good news.  As soon as the ambulance-chaser risk/reward merits these decisions, good changes are made.