Vista Suite vs Penthouse Suite

bobbyd6363

We are torn between booking a Vista Suite on the new Discovery Princess because it is directly under the Sanctuary.  Curious if there is a lot of noise from above with the Sanctuary directly above these suites.  We currently have booked a Penthouse suite directly across from the Laundromat and also worried about that level of noise.

Suggestions? Stay with the Penthouse Suite or make the jump to the Vista Suite?

1 hour ago, bobbyd6363 said:

We are torn between booking a Vista Suite on the new Discovery Princess because it is directly under the Sanctuary.  Curious if there is a lot of noise from above with the Sanctuary directly above these suites.  We currently have booked a Penthouse suite directly across from the Laundromat and also worried about that level of noise.

Suggestions? Stay with the Penthouse Suite or make the jump to the Vista Suite?

While I cannot comment on the Vista Suite on the Discovery Princess as we have not been on the ship or in a Vista Suite on this class of ship, I can provide you with our experience in being in a Penthouse Suite on the Royal Princess. We were in R612 on the Royal Princess - directly across from the Laundromat (and Concierge Lounge). There was absolutely no noise noted from the Laundromat - none! Also, this location was excellent for access to the Concierge Lounge for a cup of coffee/cappuciino, snacks, etc. as well as assistance for the Concierge (Passenger Services) staff when available. Loved this location!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bagney said:

While I cannot comment on the Vista Suite on the Discovery Princess as we have not been on the ship or in a Vista Suite on this class of ship, I can provide you with our experience in being in a Penthouse Suite on the Royal Princess. We were in R612 on the Royal Princess - directly across from the Laundromat (and Concierge Lounge). There was absolutely no noise noted from the Laundromat - none! Also, this location was excellent for access to the Concierge Lounge for a cup of coffee/cappuciino, snacks, etc. as well as assistance for the Concierge (Passenger Services) staff when available. Loved this location!

bagney - that's awesome info!! We are booked in Penthouse Suite R615 which is on the opposite side of the Laundromat.  I agree with the Concierge Lounge location because I LOVE me some coffee!! Thanks!

R615_Location.JPG

• Like 1

We were going to stay in S115 Vista Suite, but my wife has a bad knee so I upgraded us to S614 Penthouse Suite near the Concierge Lounge as I knew we would be in there a lot.  Both are wonderful stateroom with great perks, but I just wanted to get more center ship with easy access for my wife.  Our Alaskan Sampler has some decent wave action on the way up so the the ship was pitching all around.  Only complaint I heard from anyone in the Vista Suites was this motion, which is much more extreme the higher you are and more forward you are.  Our sailing was only 1800 or so, so it was pretty laid back and quiet.  Only loud noises we heard were two All Ship alerts in the early 2-3AM hours and the standard obnoxious cruisers in the halls.

• Like 1