TUI river cruises

MSUjohn

20 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

Has anyone tried them?

Unfortunately not, I did consider them. I see you have watched Emma's video. That bathroom scene could become legendary in the river cruising world :classic_biggrin:. I watched the video a few weeks ago. Since then I have swayed more towards Riviera Travel again. Not sure if you know the background to TUI, so here is the thread that was created quite a while ago now: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2656751-tui-new-old-company-on-the-rivers/#comment-62969319

As you say, it is not Viking - and not AmaWaterways and not CroisiEurope and not, etc. TUI fills another niche I would say and not a bad one as such. From the thread you can see that not many sailings have been yet due to you-know-what. Hopefully cruisers will reply to you soon.

Were you thinking of a specific itinerary? I like the one that is mainly on the Moselle.

Booking is probably awkward, I see your problem. I would want a no-fly option if I booked them and that is what I asked Riviera Travel a few years ago. They confirmed I could send them an e-mail and they would calculate a no-fly option for me. Perhaps you could contact TUI directly about that?

For a European line you could also look at CroisiEurope, ARosa, Amadeus, Viva Cruises and the other British one, the said Riviera Travel. Many options out there.

Good luck, hope you find your perfect fit. :classic_smile:

notamermaid

7 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

Unfortunately not, I did consider them. I see you have watched Emma's video. That bathroom scene could become legendary in the river cruising world :classic_biggrin:. I watched the video a few weeks ago. Since then I have swayed more towards Riviera Travel again. Not sure if you know the background to TUI, so here is the thread that was created quite a while ago now: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2656751-tui-new-old-company-on-the-rivers/#comment-62969319

As you say, it is not Viking - and not AmaWaterways and not CroisiEurope and not, etc. TUI fills another niche I would say and not a bad one as such. From the thread you can see that not many sailings have been yet due to you-know-what. Hopefully cruisers will reply to you soon.

Were you thinking of a specific itinerary? I like the one that is mainly on the Moselle.

Booking is probably awkward, I see your problem. I would want a no-fly option if I booked them and that is what I asked Riviera Travel a few years ago. They confirmed I could send them an e-mail and they would calculate a no-fly option for me. Perhaps you could contact TUI directly about that?

For a European line you could also look at CroisiEurope, ARosa, Amadeus, Viva Cruises and the other British one, the said Riviera Travel. Many options out there.

Good luck, hope you find your perfect fit. :classic_smile:

notamermaid

this is the itinerary...or something very similar i want. TUI Holidays | Discover Your Smile

honestly; the price of TUI is appealing. i want to do a central European river cruise with my father. however with the prices of some of the companies you mentioned, i could find better value to money.

5 minutes ago, MSUjohn said:

the price of TUI is appealing.

Definitely yes. Budapest return is an unusual option I think, German ones would be Passau return or similar. Riviera Travel has an itinerary that is similar to TUI. This is what theirs looks like: https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/river-cruises/the-blue-danube-river-cruise

The financial bracket you may want to stay in could really be determined by the air fare for the itinerary you are interested in.

Let's hope a past cruiser of TUI gives their opinion soon.

notamermaid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notamermaid said:

Definitely yes. Budapest return is an unusual option I think, German ones would be Passau return or similar. Riviera Travel has an itinerary that is similar to TUI. This is what theirs looks like: https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/river-cruises/the-blue-danube-river-cruise

The financial bracket you may want to stay in could really be determined by the air fare for the itinerary you are interested in.

Let's hope a past cruiser of TUI gives their opinion soon.

notamermaid

i have never heard of the company you linked, but that is exactly what i am  looking for and the price point. 

thank you

• Like 1