Legend - 05/08/2022 - notification of COVID exposure

bespin

We're just off the Legend, as of Sunday 5/15, after a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas from Baltimore. Today my husband's phone received a notification from Maryland that we'd been exposed to COVID. 

We just had rapid tests - my husband is positive, I'm negative. We both have mild symptoms, mostly sinus congestion.

Has anyone else received such a notification of exposure?

I know that some states have the enabled on iPhones from the health department that tracks where you were location wise for how long and notifies you from the health department. Not sure on full logistics of it because IN doesn't use it could be that.

• Like 1

https://covidlink.maryland.gov/content/mdcovidalert/

MD COVID Alert

MD COVID Alert pairs seamlessly with Maryland’s traditional contact tracing efforts by using Exposure Notifications technology to notify users who may have been exposed to an infected person. Opt-in today to participate in protecting all Marylanders from COVID-19.

• Like 1

My daughter, her husband and her stepdaughter returned from a 6 day on the Horizon.  On the last day of the cruise they started feeling just yuck, but had drinks and food in Jamaica so thought that was the culprit.  Not feeling any better on debarkation day they decided to stop and pick up 3 rapid tests - daughter and husband positive, stepdaughter negative.  We had their 18 month old daughter and were anxiously waiting their return (love her to death but too old to have her more than 6 days).  Needless to say, we had her another 4 days and her other grandparents had her for 4 additional days until both parents tested negative.  

Not sure if they were exposed on the ship or in port, but they never received an email.  From what I understand they did advise their PVP about test results - maybe that's why they didn't get the email??

Going on a cruise in 3 weeks and was so looking forward to finally not having to wearing a mask everywhere like the last 3 cruises, but I do believe I will continue to wear one when in close quarters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
16 minutes ago, Flipchild32 said:

https://covidlink.maryland.gov/content/mdcovidalert/

MD COVID Alert

MD COVID Alert pairs seamlessly with Maryland’s traditional contact tracing efforts by using Exposure Notifications technology to notify users who may have been exposed to an infected person. Opt-in today to participate in protecting all Marylanders from COVID-19.

Wish this information was posted in another thread as well. Hope all are well.

I was on the Legend the previous week. Several people posted on the FB page that they tested positive after returning. Even with the vaccine and testing requirements, there will always be some people on board to have it or pick it up at port ( or being crammed together the last day). It’s a virus and it’s not going away. 

Remember, there is no shame in wearing a mask if you feel it adds some protection for you. 

• Like 4