Destiny Entertainment

Johnny Squid

Going On The Destiny March 5th, Who Were The Entertainers On Board???

Thanks Johnny Squid

Greeting fellow Michigander!!

Gosh, with a name like Johnny Squid I thought you would be an entertainer!:)

First of all, thank you for all the time you sacrificed serving our country. My father and uncles all served in WWII, and were all very proud.

But, back to your question..

Seriously, the only close to big name entertainer I have seen the last two years has been Duke Daniels who performed with the Platters. I'm very curious myself as to what band is playing on the Lido Deck. In 2004 we had Cool Runnings. They were great fun, really got the passengers into a party atmosphere. I don't even remember the name of the band that played last year or exactly what style of music they played or were supposed to be playing. I do remember thinking that all the tunes sounded the same. (Now mind you, I've been exposed to lots of different styles from ethnic to hip hop and rap, and I know that they don't all sound the same.)

If you were asking about the shows, I don't remember the names of the two we have seen. The first one in the week was lots of fun. It was the same night as the Captain's party. The second show later in the week was OK but I wouldn't mind skipping it this year. I think we only saw a magician/comedian the first year. We didn't think he was funny at all, and in fact seemed bothered that he had to be there.

I hope this helps. There will probably be somebody else along shortly to add more.

We didn't have any "big" names on our sailing except for the Delfonics that were hired by a private party on board to perform. I heard that Smokey Robinson was also there, but didn't see him. We hung out with the Delfonics though.

There was a fun Salsa Band that performed pretty much nightly in the bigger club- non smoking club next to the karaoke bar and piano bar. There was always Jazz in the cigar bar. I believe we still had Cool Runnings on the Lido Deck as Habby spoke about. The piano bar guy wasn't very good- no one was ever in there, which was unfortunate. You have comedians at least 2-3 times per week in the main showroom and 2 big Vegas style shows that alternate annually I believe.

There is no shortage of entertainment on board the Destiny and you can be the entertainment at Karaoke nightly, the Guest Talent show, or if asked, you can be in the Destiny Idol contest, too! :)

Archived