Looking for some help

Booked a cruise for Sept of this year, and my spouse and I are not going to be able to go. We are not sure when we are going to be able to go on a trip, so I called RCI to cancel and I feel like I’m getting the run around. So I booked and paid the $200 non refundable deposit. I understand that I will not get that back and cannot get that in a credit because they charge a $100 fee per person. I get all that. But what I’m not understanding is I paid $250 towards my balance earlier this month and they are also telling me that part is also not refundable, but that they will “gladly give me a cruise credit” because I booked the cruise in march during the cruise with confidence policy was in effect. Is that extra $250 I paid refundable or did I just get a numb agent?

25 minutes ago, Bazody1990 said:

booked the cruise in march during the cruise with confidence policy was in effect.

You should get an FCC for the full amount assuming the cruise itself was under CWC. The details of the FCC may depend on what the full deposit would be for that sailing - RCI sometimes considers anything up to the full deposit as part of the NRD. So you may have had a reduced deposit of $200, but if the normal deposit is $500, then your whole amount might be considered part of the NRD. Call again to see if you get a different answer and get an FCC for the whole amount.