royal cancelled our cruise - computer error

I just wanted to post this in case it happens to anyone else when RC offices are closed.  I booked 3 cabins directly with RC, and paid final payment on time online.  Their system was a little glitchy, so I logged into the RC website to check that the balance was paid, and all three reservations were listed as having no balance due.  A week after final payment, I got an email from RC telling me that two of the reservations were cancelled.  The website still lists all three reservations as being active, and I called and they told me their system still has our reservation and the emails must have been generated in error.  I'll need to check periodically, because we are traveling with 3 small children so there aren't a lot of cabins we can even use (need something quiet and one of the rooms has to hold 3 people) so if they give away our rooms we'd be in terrible trouble.  I found this out at 1 am EST, and their offices close at 2 am.  So I'm posting this in case this happens to anyone else at a time when their offices are closed.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I just wanted to post this in case it happens to anyone else when RC offices are closed.  I booked 3 cabins directly with RC, and paid final payment on time online.  Their system was a little glitchy, so I logged into the RC website to check that the balance was paid, and all three reservations were listed as having no balance due.  A week after final payment, I got an email from RC telling me that two of the reservations were cancelled.  The website still lists all three reservations as being active, and I called and they told me their system still has our reservation and the emails must have been generated in error.  I'll need to check periodically, because we are traveling with 3 small children so there aren't a lot of cabins we can even use (need something quiet and one of the rooms has to hold 3 people) so if they give away our rooms we'd be in terrible trouble.  I found this out at 1 am EST, and their offices close at 2 am.  So I'm posting this in case this happens to anyone else at a time when their offices are closed.

That's what happened to us 2 weeks before or cruise on the Allure. They cancelled our cruise and everything that went with it speciality restaurants, internet, etc.  RC admitted it was their fault totally gave us 100 obc which never happened. Anyway we had a really nice time on the Allure great ship. 

• Like 1

This happened to the first leg of our B2B sailings in February.  Both cruises booked directly and fully paid.  About a month before sailing an email around midnight said our reservation was cancelled due to non-payment and all Cruise Planner purchases were canceled.    Called Royal first thing in the morning and the booking was restored but we had to re-purchase all the Cruise Planner items.  They offered $25 goodwill OBC which we never saw.   Incredibly, the booking canceled a second time a few days later.   On the second occasion, after several calls, Royal set the final payment date to the date of our departure and everything held together until we sailed.  Still have not received refunds for the two sets of Cruise Planner purchases that were canceled and had to be re-purchased.  Every time we call for an update on the refunds they make you explain the whole situation all over again.   Very frustrating for sure.   

• Like 3

Oh goodness - final payment was just last week, so I hadn't made any other purchases yet.  Thanks for warning me - I'll know to keep a close eye on everything once I start purchasing internet or other add ons.