Taiwan Passport (MEXICO Visa Required?)

TaiwanRC

Hello All -- I was hoping to get some advice.

I have a Taiwan Passport and am getting conflicting information on whether or not a VISA is required for a cruise to Mexico (on Royal Caribbean).

- Some VISA websites are saying a VISA is NOT required, only an FMM (since traveling by Sea and not Land or Air). I've contacted Royal Carriben and they havent been able to provide a definitive answer.

Another question I have is, is it possible to board the ship (without a VISA) and NOT disembark at Mexico?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.40.33 AM.png

Cruise lines are very reluctant to provide visa advice, especially when the traveler does not hold a US/Canadian/UK/EU passport. They want to avoid liability if their advice is incorrect or even simply misunderstood.

Personally, if I held a Taiwan passport  I would go to a Mexican embassy or consulate to discuss the necessary documentation. And I would have plenty of backup proof to show RC personnel who will be doing the doc check at the pier.

One thing experienced cruisers know is that not getting off the ship at a particular port does not excuse them from having all the necessary paperwork. The ship will be in Mexican waters and subject to all the laws of Mexico.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:51 AM, Shorex said:

One thing experienced cruisers know is that not getting off the ship at a particular port does not excuse them from having all the necessary paperwork. The ship will be in Mexican waters and subject to all the laws of Mexico.

So true.