LA Post Cruise Tour

We would like to do a post cruise tour on Saturday after our cruise - either fly home Saturday night (red eye) or Sunday.  It appears flight prices are cheaper for Saturday night. Is there a good tour to take you places in LA and will hold your luggage?  Or would we be better trying to find a hotel/flight for Sunday?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, brickhousesm said:

Anyone know of an option other than Sunseeker Tours for post cruise tour before late night flight.

I've never, ever heard of any other tour company do what Sunseeker does, which is pick up at the port, do a tour of LA, then drop at LAX.

I don't even know of other tour companies that regularly pick up from either cruise port.

1 hour ago, brickhousesm said:

Thanks.  There is definitely a need.

I think that is the point though, there really is not a need, or if the need is there, it cannot be provided in such a way as to make money. Otherwise someone would be doing it.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:00 AM, brickhousesm said:

Thanks.  There is definitely a need.  Sunseeker tour sounds good, but I would prefer something around 5 hours instead of 8 and a little cheaper.

I guess the best way to explain it is that "Los Angeles" is a BIG place.  Most of the typical tourist sites are on the West Side, in Hollywood and points in between.  All of that is fairly spread out...and all of it is about 30 miles or more north of the harbor.  And, in Los Angeles, going 30 miles from the Harbor to Hollywood...and then zig-zagging from Hollywood to Santa Monica to get in the sights...and then returning you to LAX...is a LOT of driving...and takes a LOT of time...8 hours is really not that long...a lot of it is in the vehicle...

And, the expenses to take you to thse places includes a lot of $6 per gallon gas. 

Most LA tour companies are headquartered in Hollywood--or somewhere on the West Side.  It's easier and cheaper for them to pick people up in Hollywood or Santa Monica and do various length tours.  They don't have to make extra 30 mile trips in both directions (Yes, even if Sunseeker drops you at LAX, they have to get home to Long Beach).

Sunseeker fills a niche...but it is a limited niche--it's Cruisers and the few people who find themselves staying in the Harbor area--usually for some other reason--like they're attending a convention (Long Beach Convention Center hosts a lot of them) and have a spare day.  Most people visiting Southern California for the express purpose of sightseeing don't stay in Long Beach or San Pedro--they stay in Santa Monica or Hollywood--or Beverly Hills, Westwood, Century City...

Now, if you contacted Sunseeker and asked for a CUSTOM tour--something like 5 hours--they would probably do it...but you would pay MORE...and you wouldn't see much.  Taking off driving time between the pier and the sights and LAX, you'd maybe be left with only a couple of hours in stops at tourist sites... 

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...