Boarding QE in Vancouver, June 4

porsena

Ships boarding in Vancouver today are the QE, Koningsdam, and Majestic Princess. Our assigned boarding time was 1:30. We showed up at 12:45, dropped our bags and went to Cunard's almost empty check-in desk. Check-in took maybe five minutes. Changed for us is that we picked up the key cards from the rack outside the room door. As expected, the delays were at security screening, where the line moved quite quickly, and US border control. We're enrolled in the Canada-US trusted traveller program called Nexus, which let us cut the long line for border services. We were on board by 1:45 and had the pool to ourselves a bit after 2. 

There was no ship's screeing or bag check to get onboard. A bit after 3 we failed to find anything to eat, even a cookie, in the lido, which closed at 3.  

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know how embarkation went for you in Vancouver. That does seem odd that the Lido would shut down at 3:00pm on embarkation day.

Do you know if they were requiring pre-embarkation antigen tests to be taken within one day of embarkation (as stated on the Cunard website) or were they possibly allowing antigen tests taken within two days of embarkation (per Canadian government regulations)?

Edited by bluemarble

I did not ask. We had our antigen test in Victoria the day before embarkation.

i believe the Canadian requirment was the day before until quite recently. We had a cruise at the end of April with Holland America under a day-before requirement, but HAL is now going with two days. Cunard may be trying to minimize risk by sticking to the one-day liimit. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the information Porsena.  I am also surprised that the Lido closed early, especially on embarkation day. I am embarking at Vancouver (on July 11) and would like to know about the antigen tests.  Are they to be done within one day of embarkation (as stated on the Cunard website) or were they possibly allowing antigen test taken within two days of embarkation (per Canadian government regulations).  Also I am somewhat confused about testing sites. Are there testing facilities at the pier? or at the Cunard check-in desk?  

I thank you for any information you can provide.