Leixoes/Porto

We’re on a cruise in September where we dock in Leixoes for Porto. Trying to book a small group tour to either Douro Valley or city tour of Porto with tour operators we used from the city of Porto in April, and haven’t received responses from either. How difficult is it to get from Leixoes port to Porto using public transportation?

Diana

23 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We’re on a cruise in September where we dock in Leixoes for Porto. Trying to book a small group tour to either Douro Valley or city tour of Porto with tour operators we used from the city of Porto in April, and haven’t received responses from either. How difficult is it to get from Leixoes port to Porto using public transportation?

Diana

The answer would depend on where you dock since there are two different docking locations (at least that used to be the case).  If you are at the regular cruise terminal/pier you can take the free internal shuttle bus to the entrance (only a minute).  From there you can walk about 4-5 blocks to the Metro (it is above ground at this point).  There is also a nearby bus stop if you would prefer to use the public bus.  A taxi is probably about 25 Euros into town (that price might be higher these days).  I also recall seeing a HoHo bus which I assume makes some cruisers happy.

I do not know what options exist at the other docking location (Doco 1 Norte).  

Hank

• Like 1