Need help planning for Juneau Port Day

vpat48

We will in Juneau on the 26th of this month and the first shore excursion we have booked finishes at 1PM. We want to do the Tram as well make the trip to Mendenhall Glacier. Our ship is in port till 9PM. Would rental car be the best option to get to the glacier? We are a family of 5. All the rental cars i find are at the airport and that seems like it's quite far away. Any help is appreciated.

13 hours ago, AKStafford said:

If it was me, I'd rent a car and include the drive to the Shrine of St. Therese.

Are there any rental car locations at the cruise terminal where rcl docks?

when you come off the ship in Juneau there are a group of booths set up for excursions, if you go directly out into the parking lot from there we found a taxi company that took 5 of us out to Mendenhall glacier, agreed on a pick up time and they were there when they said they would be.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRUSINGFAMILY said:

when you come off the ship in Juneau there are a group of booths set up for excursions, if you go directly out into the parking lot from there we found a taxi company that took 5 of us out to Mendenhall glacier, agreed on a pick up time and they were there when they said they would be.   

Thank You. This is what we will probably end up doing. The AVIS location at the port mentioned above is closed it seems when i called them just now.