Doing Eastern, what should I see?

peanutprincess1977

I have been on a western cruise twice. We're going on Elation in October and we are looking for some things to do in Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. We have a 5 year old who will be travelling with us. We'd like to do some shopping and go to the beach as we are doing excursions at our other two stops. Any suggestions?

I have been on a western cruise twice. We're going on Elation in October and we are looking for some things to do in Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. We have a 5 year old who will be travelling with us. We'd like to do some shopping and go to the beach as we are doing excursions at our other two stops. Any suggestions?

From what I understand you are looking at two beach stops. Shopping is minimal at best. If you want to shop do it in St. Thomas.

When in October are you going on this cruise?? DH and I are booked for October 8th for this itinerary. If you are on the same one as us then you should go over to the roll call boards and check in.

I've never been to Half Mon Cay or Grand Turk. As for St. Thomas the Ultimate Island Experience excursion is really good. You get to see the island plus go to the beach. In San Juan we always just get off the boat and walk around, there are lots of things to do right off the boat.

You are very lucky to be going to Half Moon Cay...it is heaven on earth! This will definitely be your beach day, as it's a private island and just a little shopping area, which is basically the same things sold on the HAL ships.

Especially for your 5-yr-old, at order a "clamshell" for shade...they include 2 chairs and provide shade and are not expensive at all. I think you can order it ahead of time on excursion site. The water is beautiful, esp. for a child, as there are no waves @ all. I understand they have added a sting ray excursion and horseback riding, and I think a water park since we were there 2 yrs ago. You will tender to HMC. While you are swimming in that glorious water, you have a beautiful view of the ship!

I saw where you wrote on the roll call board. If you want to wait one week longer we'd love to have you join us!

Like I said in my other post, I've been to St. Thomas and San Juan multiple times but never to Half Moon Cay or Grand Turk. We talked with a lady last night at dinner here at home who says the water in Grand Turk is absolutely beautiful and warm. She said it is one of the best dive/snorkeling sites in the world. I've also heard that Half Moon Cay is really nice. I'm really looking forward to just having a beach day there when we go. The water is supposed to be really clear and calm which will be perfect for your 5 year old.

I'm sure that I will enjoy both "new" places, I've enjoyed most everywhere I've been so far.

Archived