Resilient Lady Cancellation - Cannot Reach Virgin to Rebook or get Refund

googinsg

I received an email From Virgin Voyages that my October 9, 2022 7-day cruise on the Reliant Lady cruise ship had been cancelled. The email included a link for "more information" which didn't work, so I found more information on their website. They were offering a 200% credit to book on another sailing and had a form to fill out on their website, the form did not work. I then tried to call them and was on hold for 4 hours and abruptly disconnected saying "hold time exceeded the maximum". I then tired the "Chat with Us' feature on their website (virginvoyages.com) and it said there were no agents available right now and directing you back to the phone number that nobody answers. I sent the company a tweet with all of my struggles and they suggested that I send an email to sailorservices@virginvoyages.com which I have done but have never received a response. I finally resorted to calling my Travel Agent who booked the cruise and she tried calling Virgin Voyages while I held on the phone for 4.5 hours and she tried and tried but could not get through to Virgin Voyages Travel Agent Support Desk. My travel agent eventually gave up and told me she didn't know what to tell me, she tried! I've spent two full days trying to deal with this mess and have gotten absolutely NOWHERE!

I am having the same issue as Im sure many many people are. It is just so disappointing that a company I loved sailing with is so woefully unprepared to handle this cancellation. This same thing happened to us last year - we had 3 saliings on Valiant booked and they cancelled them all. At that time even thought we could have chosen the 200% Future credit, I chose to get a refund as I had zero faith that Virgin Voyages would still be in existence. Now again we are in the same predicament only our sailing was booked with a future cruise credit so even though we have been cancelled numerous times, we effectively get zero compensation. ( I can't confirm this though as of course I can't speak to anyone at Virgin to confirm) Not sure what to think now... we need to create a support group for cancelled Virgin Voyages sailors haha

I'm sure they have thousands of people calling, but they should have been ready for this situation.  My TA advised me that the best way to get thru to an agent in the US was to call at 8am Eastern time.  That was his advice after I spent 2 hours on hold while trying to book a cruise! (he was in the middle of the Panama Canal, so not really able to help and I didn't want to risk losing the cabin)

Wow, that must be incredibly frustrating!  I did see a specific comment that if you had used a previous cancellation credit that you will not get that again.  They obviously should have anticipated the volume of people trying to call to get help and they are not prepared.  There is an online form that you're supposed to be able to use, but when I submit my information it just spins and does nothing.  Web chat is shut down, so that leaves just the phone.  Yesterday I was only hold for 5 hours before giving up.

Edited by googinsg

Hopefully you have gotten through by now I have spoken to them twice both times rather that waiting on line I requested a call back first day which was Friday I called around 10am and got a call back about 5 hours later second time was Sunday 

requested a callback around 8:30 and received a callback around 2 hours later 

and after a bit of negotiation rebooked a cruise for early December.  Now just waiting 

for my access Key so I can make it back to back 

On 6/10/2022 at 4:30 PM, janbear said:

I am having the same issue as Im sure many many people are. It is just so disappointing that a company I loved sailing with is so woefully unprepared to handle this cancellation. This same thing happened to us last year - we had 3 saliings on Valiant booked and they cancelled them all. At that time even thought we could have chosen the 200% Future credit, I chose to get a refund as I had zero faith that Virgin Voyages would still be in existence. Now again we are in the same predicament only our sailing was booked with a future cruise credit so even though we have been cancelled numerous times, we effectively get zero compensation. ( I can't confirm this though as of course I can't speak to anyone at Virgin to confirm) Not sure what to think now... we need to create a support group for cancelled Virgin Voyages sailors haha

Not a good sign.  I am booked on a Virgin cruise in October with cruise credits from a previous cancellation.  At this point I will be happy if they are even still in business in October.

• Like 1