Covid Testing on Alaskan Land/Cruise trip

PennyHusted

19 hours ago, PennyHusted said:

Could someone enlighten me? We are doing the 5 day land and 7 day sea trip in Alaska, the land portion is first. Does NCL arrange for our testing during the land portion?

You do not need a test for the land tour as you are not leaving the united states. NCL will pay for the test at the pier when they fly you in on cruise day.

Edited by Topdog52

23 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

You do not need a test for the land tour as you are not leaving the united states. NCL will pay for the test at the pier when they fly you in on cruise day.

Are you 100% sure if this? I only question it because our TA, who said she called NCL said we have to test before the land tour. Thank you for your response. 

19 minutes ago, PennyHusted said:

Are you 100% sure if this? I only question it because our TA, who said she called NCL said we have to test before the land tour. Thank you for your response. 

I just got back from the Bliss Alaska land tour and cruise on the 28th. It took me 3 different calls to get the correct answer as none of the NCL people really seemed sure. Here is a question for you. If you fly to California do you need a test before you visit the Queen Mary? Here is part of my last conversation with NCL about this. If it makes you feel better then get the covid test then you will have peace of mind. 

• You would take a test before your land tour and then one prior to your cruise as well.
    Giovanna L

2:43 PM
  •  
    Well that is the third new answer I have received now. Why before the land tour seeing we are not leaving the USA? Where would we be able to take the test while we are on the tour.
    2:45 PM
  • Allow me a moment to verify this information for you.
    2:47 PM
  •  
    Is this not just like a regular excursion?
    2:49 PM
  •  
    Upon speaking to a supervisor, testing is only required 2 days prior to boarding if departing from a US port and three days if non US port. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    Giovanna L

2:50 PM
  •  
    Where am I going to take a test when I am in the middle of Denali state park? Can the test me when NCL flies us down to the pier?
    2:51 PM
  • You will undergo a COVID-19 antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation administered and paid for by the Cruise Line.
    2:54 PM
  • You may find additional information on this on our website: https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe?intcmp=pdt_sl_SAILSAFEVAC#sail-safe-faq
    2:54 PM
  •  
    I am still here if you need my assistance.
    Giovanna L

• Thank you I have read that several times that is why I am talking to you. A land tour and then cruise is not dicussed on the site. As you can see by your mistake it is tough to get the correct answer. I have gotten 3 different answers and I hope this on is the correct one!! Thank You for your help

Edited by Topdog52

According to the FAQ answer, it's not required for the Cruisetour. However if you do not have a negative pre Landcruise test  and then test positive during the NCL provided pre-boarding test, NCL will not provide any reimbursement beyond any purchased insurance.

Norwegian Cruise Line | Sail Safe | Health & Safety Protocols (ncl.com)

If I booked a pre-cruise Cruisetour, do I need to take a COVID-19 test prior to arrival at the terminal?

Guests age 2 and over who have purchased a pre-cruise Cruisetour in Hawaii with Norwegian Cruise Line will undergo a COVID-19 antigen test at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki the evening prior to embarkation. This test will be paid for by Norwegian Cruise Line. Further details on location and time will be outlined in your Welcome Letter when you arrive to the hotel.

Guests age 2 and over who have purchased a pre-cruise Cruisetour in Alaska with Norwegian Cruise Line will undergo a COVID-19 antigen test during their program. This test will be paid for by Norwegian Cruise Line. Further details will be outlined by your Tour Manager while on the program.

At this time, our Cruisetour vendors do not require any pre-tour Covid-19 testing; however, Norwegian Cruise Line still recommends all guests participating take a test prior to joining the Cruisetour. Please note that for unvaccinated children ages 2 through 11, the pre-embarkation testing requirements as listed on https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe are required to be met.

If a Cruisetour guest receives a positive COVID-19 result when testing at the pier upon arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Norwegian Cruise Line will assist with expenses related to any mandatory quarantine that are not covered by their travel insurance only if the guest provides proof of negative COVID-19 NAAT test (I.e. PCR) or antigen test taken within 48 hours prior to Cruisetour start date. Guests age 2 and over who are unable to provide proof of a negative test taken within 48-hours of their Cruisetour start date will not qualify for reimbursement should the applicable expenses not be covered by their travel insurance. Proof of negative COVID-19 NAAT test (I.e. PCR) or antigen test taken within 48-hours of Cruisetour start date must show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible.

• Like 1