Testing question for anyone who has traveled with a *vaccinated* child recently ....

apietros

My son is 11 and vaccinated - I am reading the rules/requirements that he can do a pre-cruise Antigen test.  Am I correct?!

Also ... is there a health form we need to print out and complete before we board (similar to the one you used to complete at embarkation)? 

Thank you!

Yes, that is correct.  The website says only unvaccinated kids under 12 need a PCR test. "All unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date."

So a PCR test would be okay for a vaccinated under 12 according to the NCL website. 

Edited by Caligirl20

28 minutes ago, Caligirl20 said:

Yes, that is correct.  The website says only unvaccinated kids under 12 need a PCR test. "All unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date."

So a PCR test would be okay for a vaccinated under 12 according to the NCL website. 

Thank you for your reply. I read this as a vaccinated under 12 year old only needing an ANTIGEN test. You are saying the opposite? This is where I am getting confused and second guessing what is needed.

9 hours ago, Caligirl20 said:

Correct! A vaxxed under 12 would only need a rapid test per the NCL website. I feel like they should word it differently or put info for vaxxed 5-11 year old requirements. 

Thank you!!!  Yes, the wording is confusing. I appreciate the response!