Football (soccer) tickets for Southampton?

Going to be leaving from Southampton, UK on a cruise late September. The fixtures are due to be announced this week for the coming year and I’ve heard it can be difficult to get individual tickets to matches if you’re not a member of a supporters club. Any advice on the best way to buy a couple of tickets for a single game there?

Thanks in advance!

It should be a bit clearer after the fixture list comes out tomorrow. Hopefully a local will then be able to advise as to availability of tickets (will obviously be more difficult to obtain if they are playing one of the big 4 or 5 teams). You will I suspect need a bit of luck in how the fixtures fall. Southampton will not be playing on the weekend of 23rd to 26th September as that weekend is reserved for England games against Italy and Germany. There is a 50% chance of them playing away from home on any other weekend. The other thing to look out for is that the dates for the matches coming out tomorrow will be provisional. Possibly as late as August the tv companies will pick the games they want to show so any home game provisionally shown as a Saturday afternoon kick off may actually be played at different times on Saturday, Sunday or even Monday night

Of course if luck is really on your side and tickets are available then you might be able to watch them play the mighty West Ham United- who could ask for more!

Would not be thanked by any Southampton fan but if they are not playing or you couldn't get a ticket then there bitter rivals Portsmouth if at home will almost certainly be playing at 3:00 on the Saturday and will have tickets all be it to watch football at a 2 league lower standard

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, davekent said:

It should be a bit clearer after the fixture list comes out tomorrow. Hopefully a local will then be able to advise as to availability of tickets (will obviously be more difficult to obtain if they are playing one of the big 4 or 5 teams). You will I suspect need a bit of luck in how the fixtures fall. Southampton will not be playing on the weekend of 23rd to 26th September as that weekend is reserved for England games against Italy and Germany. There is a 50% chance of them playing away from home on any other weekend. The other thing to look out for is that the dates for the matches coming out tomorrow will be provisional. Possibly as late as August the tv companies will pick the games they want to show so any home game provisionally shown as a Saturday afternoon kick off may actually be played at different times on Saturday, Sunday or even Monday night

Of course if luck is really on your side and tickets are available then you might be able to watch them play the mighty West Ham United- who could ask for more!

Would not be thanked by any Southampton fan but if they are not playing or you couldn't get a ticket then there bitter rivals Portsmouth if at home will almost certainly be playing at 3:00 on the Saturday and will have tickets all be it to watch football at a 2 league lower standard

For my sins I'm a Southampton fan.

That's excellent advice from Dave.

I was going to "like" it but I can't bring myself to do that for a West Spam fan 😜

JB 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, davekent said:

Thanks, Dave.  You answered my question in your first paragraph as that weekend of no Premier League games would be the time we're there.  So I'll have to check with Portsmouth as an alternative.

Good luck to all supporters of whichever teams!

Patrick