Latitudes discount on excursions

cruiseplease

Strange question, hoping someone has advice before I spend hours on hold tomorrow. I am looking to purchase excursion tickets for my family of 4. When I go to purchase the tickets my husband and I have a discounted rate due to our latitudes status. My son’s rates are regular priced. We have always sailed NCL as a family, so they have the same points we do. However they are still listed as “child”. The Latitudes fine print states that children receive their Latitude status on their first cruise after their 18th birthday, which is this cruise for both boys. The savings on the excursion is only about $50. I don’t want to wait to book on board as I am concerned it will sellout. Has anyone been able to get a credit once on board for previously purchased excursions, or been able to get the Latitudes discount applied earlier? I’m thinking I will just have to eat the difference, but was curious. TIA

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cruiseplease said:

Has anyone been able to get a credit once on board for previously purchased excursions, 

On most NCL ships when you book a shorex onboard using the app the full price is charged. To get the latitudes discount you have to visit/call the shorex desk and they'll reprice,  they're used to applying the discount later

As yours are prepaid you'll likely get the difference back as OBC. But will there be a saving? You're booking st child rates (lower than adult) then asking for it to be treated as an adult rate with discount 

So, just book now. The amounts involved are small.

You officially have to sail once aged 18 or over before you get your latitudes status, so they won’t qualify on this cruise.

I have read of some people being able to get the status applied for the first cruise as an adult, but I’m not sure how reliable this is.

Edited by KeithJenner

15 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

On most NCL ships when you book a shorex onboard using the app the full price is charged. To get the latitudes discount you have to visit/call the shorex desk and they'll reprice,  they're used to applying the discount later

As yours are prepaid you'll likely get the difference back as OBC. But will there be a saving? You're booking st child rates (lower than adult) then asking for it to be treated as an adult rate with discount 

So, just book now. The amounts involved are small.

The latitudes discount has always shown up for us when booking online for a few years now.

For many excursions there is no price difference for children. When I look at pricing, our son is almost always the most expensive as they don’t get the latitudes discount.

13 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The latitudes discount has always shown up for us when booking online for a few years now.

Maybe when booking online before the sailing (we rarely do) the discount is applied . 

Using the app (or the tv) once onboard almost always charges full price and has to be adjusted later, at least on our eight NCL cruises this year so far and all earlier cruises.

I say "almost always" because for a couple of tours on the Spirit last month they managed to charge them correctly but I think that was a manual process as later tour bookings on the same ship still needed adjusting.

On the Bliss and the Encore this year they claimed to have new software which couldn't adjust the amounts until the last day of the cruise, "on request".  

1 hour ago, Rob_H said:

Maybe when booking online before the sailing (we rarely do) the discount is applied . 

Using the app (or the tv) once onboard almost always charges full price and has to be adjusted later, at least on our eight NCL cruises this year so far and all earlier cruises.

I say "almost always" because for a couple of tours on the Spirit last month they managed to charge them correctly but I think that was a manual process as later tour bookings on the same ship still needed adjusting.

On the Bliss and the Encore this year they claimed to have new software which couldn't adjust the amounts until the last day of the cruise, "on request".  

Sorry, I misread your post. I read onboard as online.