Park and Sail out of San Francisco

disgirlsx3

Hello and Happy Wednesday,

Does anyone have suggestions for a Park and Sail out of San Francisco? We live 2 hours away but thought it would be nice to spend a day there before the cruise. Any price range would be accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Jen

Parking is so dear in SF, I have never found a good Park & Sail Deal in the City. Even the hotels by the airport that do have the Park & Sail packages are charging $130 more for a room that includes parking.

I'd park at a BART station with reserved parking and take BART into the City. I'd probably park in Berkeley because I know the town so well, but you might be more familiar with other BART stations.

There are a few parking options that are just down the block from the cruise terminal. SP + Parking (2 Bay St. or 1282 The Embarcadero) is relatively easy because there's a website for you to make an appointment and such. 

I will say for the record, taking BART into SF and grabbing an Uber is easier and will give you a better peace of mind. There are a lot of smash and grabs all over SF whether it's street parking or a garage. Do not leave ANYTHING out. 

Thank you scottca075 and jenphan.

I didn't think about Park & Sail's by the airport. I will search for that. Have you stayed at any of them?

It will be hard to take UBER with 6 of us plus luggage not totally off the list but hard. If we come in the day of cruise then I will reserve at  80 Embaradero Garage since it is across the street. Just not a lot of info about hotels that will keep your car while you sail.

18 hours ago, disgirlsx3 said:

I didn't think about Park & Sail's by the airport. I will search for that. Have you stayed at any of them?

We didn't. Normally if we drive to SF, we drive in a couple of days early stay either in the City or Berkeley (where both my DW and I went to school) and park at the North Berkeley BART station ($6 a day) with reserved parking.

Have you researched the cost of a driver?  We live in Stockton and did that twice.  It wasn't for a cruise but a flight to Hawaii.  It's nice to have somebody pick you up at the end and drive you home.  Many years ago we stayed at the El Rancho and also the Marriott Waterfront, which both offered park and sail.  They are both out by the airport with not much around.  Maybe one of the discount lots out by the airport and Uber in to downtown.  

• Like 1