Removing beverage package perk after final payment?

mochacruiser

Title sums it up.  We have the beverage package as one of our perks and have already made final payment so we've paid for the gratuities on this perk.  We may not be able to make good use of it anymore, so I was curious if anyone knows if it's still something that could be refunded (or as a credit) or is it just a done deal now?

Honestly not a big deal either way, but just curious if anyone has run into this before?

I don't think you can get rid of it - perhaps when you get on board, but still don't think you'll be able to. 

If you're not able to get rid of it, try getting virgin drinks. Obviously it's good for soda too, so you can have a few liters of nasty Pepsi a day (Team Coke here).

My husband doesn't drink alcohol at all, even when it's free. I have a few drinks when it's free or if I'm at a brewery and see a beer that catches my attention. Otherwise it's iced tea and water. We still went with the drink package. The biggest disappointment is that Sugarcane was unable to make virgin mojitos as everything is pre-mixed there.

Good luck! 

I just had a conversation about this with our Personal Cruise Consultant yesterday. We are way past final payment and under 40 days to sailing. I was asking about upgrading and adjusting perks. She told us no problem with making changes although we did not make any at this time. Reach out and ask. We are not big alcohol drinkers either but if the Free at Sea included specially coffee, that might make the difference. I know there has been different experiences but the official line was they are not included with the perk. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Raleigh Traveler said:

We are not big alcohol drinkers either but if the Free at Sea included specially coffee, that might make the difference. I know there has been different experiences but the official line was they are not included with the perk. 

I've never heard any different experiences regarding this. Speciality coffee is absolutely not included with the free at sea beverage package.