cruise after positive covid test & recovery

amoba

Holland America's  Travelwell and health protocols FAQs website states as to testing after covid recovery: 

Exceptions may apply for asymptomatic guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within 90 days of their embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, are fully recovered with no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19 infection. 

Documentation of Recovery consists of the following: 

Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago), or 

A valid digital COVID-19 Certificate (DCC) or a document issued by a health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection.
Guest who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion.

Does anyone have experience with this or know what the secondary screening consists of?  If someone is, appears, or feels fully recovered (and has the above documentation), can they count on being allowed to board?  Is a covid test still required within 2-3 of embarkation?  Any tips for handling this?  Thanks!

6 hours ago, amoba said:

Holland America's  Travelwell and health protocols FAQs website states as to testing after covid recovery: 

Exceptions may apply for asymptomatic guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within 90 days of their embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, are fully recovered with no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19 infection. 

Documentation of Recovery consists of the following: 

Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago), or 

A valid digital COVID-19 Certificate (DCC) or a document issued by a health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection.
Guest who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion.

Does anyone have experience with this or know what the secondary screening consists of?  If someone is, appears, or feels fully recovered (and has the above documentation), can they count on being allowed to board?  Is a covid test still required within 2-3 of embarkation?  Any tips for handling this?  Thanks!

We tested positive for covid on April 10th using an at home antigen test. We had a PCR positive result on April 21st. Our cruise left Vancouver on May 4th.  We did not do a pre cruise antigen test. If I remember correctly at that time you to fill in an online health questionnaire.  One of the questions was have you been in close contact with someone who tested positive in the last 14 days. Having to answer yes to this booted me out and I could not finish the questionnaire. I called HAL explained and was told all good it will be sorted out at the port and that we may have to be screened by a nurse.  We showed our positive PCR test at the port instead of a negative antigen test. We were taken to chairs and they called a nurse on the ship. The nurse did not come to see us. We were clearly healthy so we were cleared to go. Things have probably changed by now but you should be good with your positive test as long as it was more than ten days before boarding and you are truly symptom free. We did not have nor were we required to show a letter of recovery. Enjoy your cruise!

I tested posative when we tested online two days before our May 18 Alaska cruise. We cancelled our cruise and rebooked for same trip on June 15. No problem with Hal doing that. My DH tested positive 3 days later. We wanted to use the same postive testing so had him tested again online to get a positive  result.   We boarded in June as recovered persons. No need for any documentation other than online report from lab saying we were posative on dates of test which were between 10 and 90 days prior to boarding. We had to see a nurse and signed documents we were symptom free. We had printed out the HAL  online question and answer to this positive test issue. Remember this was early in the season, and the ground crew was somewhat confused, but we knew we were okay and just kept showing the HAL printout. The only difficulty was with some who wanted to make us do both the  ways of passing the positive test……they did not see that lovely little word “OR” until it was pointed out.  Just keep asking for a supervisor…..I assume by now they have met many formerly  positive people  who are fine to travel by the rules laid out.  Good luck to all…..it was a dandy trip! 

My husband was positive 12 days before our trip. We got a letter from CareNow stating he was safe to travel / return to work, he took that and his initial paperwork showing the first date he was positive. On the health questionaire we marked he had been positive and it gave us a number to call. I called, they marked his file. We did the land portion first and had to test in Denali, at that point he was negative thankfully (11 days out from his initial positive).