Broadway in Alaska

SDuckers

Sounds cool to me… but I'd also caution anyone thinking of booking this cruise not through Playbill Travel to be aware that a large charter group like this is likely limit your access to various public spaces on the Odyssey, as there will be private performances and events. (If Playbill Travel charters the entire ship, then there's no problem.)

We were once on a cruise in the South Pacific on the Paul Gauguin and there was a partial charter with a jazz music group. Fortunately because that ship was so small, there weren't enough spaces for private performances, and we were able to attend the evening shows, which were outstanding. (Sitting on the back deck of the Paul Gauguin, sipping drinks under the stars sailing the South Pacific, while listening to the various jazz performances is a mental "happy place" my wife and I return to often!) But we've seen on a slightly larger ship like the Odyssey where the theater, Club or restaurant just get blocked for a "private event".

EDIT:  I just looked on the Seabourn website and don't see this cruise listed, so perhaps it's a full charter — which is better for everyone all around! Although Playbill Travel's charter prices are more than $1,000 per person more than the identical Seabourn cruise two weeks before… 

• Like 2