Dune buggies- shoes?

tartist

Hello! I have a dune buggy tour booked for punta Cana & trying to figure out what shoes would be best to wear. The info just says “comfortable walking shoes.” The tour also includes a stop at the beach. Considering a pair of Teva sandals for the day. Any advice appreciated! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, tartist said:

Hello! I have a dune buggy tour booked for punta Cana & trying to figure out what shoes would be best to wear. The info just says “comfortable walking shoes.” The tour also includes a stop at the beach. Considering a pair of Teva sandals for the day. Any advice appreciated! 

We did the buggies with Pro Excursions and had the time of our life. I'm not sure if you're going to the same places or not. We drove all over the place down roads and then trails with animals and there was a lot of mud and puddles and that's where the fun began. They told us to wear something we didn't mind getting muddy. Then we went to the Chavon River and had lunch and drinks and it was so yummy. They took us to a little town and then back to the trails. We stopped to taste real sugar cane. They had their own photographer that took pictures of us along the way plus we took our own cameras as well. By the time we returned to their location we were covered in mud and could rinse off. (Of course you can chose to take it easy when going through the mud puddles and won't get as muddy). However, the one thing I noticed was our clothes didn't really come clean from all the mud. I started with a white shirt that is now permanently brown. LOL

So, if it's the same tour, I would suggest wearing anything you don't care if it gets muddy or stained. HERE's my review of our time there with tons of pictures if you are interested. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you! Super helpful! Ours is booked thru the cruise line so not positive on who it is thru but definitely hoping for the mud! Sounds like you had such a great time! Will have to look into doing that company next time! Appreciate the tip about the mud & wearing clothes to get dirty.