hair salon experience in Key West

Has anyone had their hair done for their wedding in Key West?

Also, if I call around, what type of questions do I need to ask since I may not be able to make a trip there in advance to talk to someone? Sorry, I'm not very good at the "getting all done up" thing.:o

I don't know of any salons in Key West (sorry) but I had some ideas for what to ask...

1. Price (obviously:) )

2. Hours they are open--I don't know when your wedding is but lots of people are having trouble finding a salon that's open early in the morning. Some salons would probably be willing to open early if they know it's a wedding

3. Do they have pics of people that they have done so that you can see if it's your style. Maybe they can email you

Something else that I am thinking about (I am in a similar situation to you) is that I am going to try to find a picture of what I want for my hairstyle. I may even go to a salon where I live to get a trial even though it won't be the same people. At least then I can see if it's what I want and can take pictures to bring with me to FL. Hope this helps!

I haven't completed my wedding review yet, but I just jumped online now after returning from my wedding cruise last night and have some feedback for you...

I used Marie-Pierre Sander for my hair/makeup - she was great! A wonderful person and good at what she does (she does a lot of photo shoots in addition to weddings). She came to my location at the Hyatt and got me ready in less than two hours. Amazing!

I also recommend you look at the Key West weddings yahoo group for a list of possible salons (at the links section):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/keywestdestinationweddings/

Good luck!

scottishflower,

It is so funny that you got online as quickly as I did. I saw you in Key West you looked beautiful! We were married on Monday before we set sail, we had the best time. I plan on doing a review a little later as well but all in all how was your wedding/honeymoon?

Hi Aloyicious!

Thank you for the kind words, I think we rec'd a lot of attention in Key West, dressed as we were (!) It was beautiful, the Hyatt was a gorgeous location, as you know, the weather was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a more memorable wedding.

I think I caught a glimpse of you, we were busy delivering our OOT bags when we boarded on Monday, and I looked down the atrium and saw a bridal couple being photographed - you? I wish I could have seen more :(

How was your experience? Did you have sailing guests?

Archived