TSS Stimar Fairstar - Passenger Lists

On 7/26/2022 at 6:35 PM, Aus Traveller said:

Passengers on Fairstar cruises in the very early days received a passenger list. We cruised every year for several years from 1983. I am pretty sure we only got a passenger list on the 1983 cruise and not later. The reason stated was "privacy reasons".

I would love to know the dates of the two Fairstar Cruises I did.  December 1983 - 18 nights New Years Cruise.  Then a second cruise in Sept-Oct 1984 - also 18 nights for my 21st.  Can you please help me?  My name was Michelle Watts.  Thank you in advance. 

On 1/16/2024 at 2:23 PM, MightyMaroon said:

I would love to know the dates of the two Fairstar Cruises I did.  December 1983 - 18 nights New Years Cruise.  Then a second cruise in Sept-Oct 1984 - also 18 nights for my 21st.  Can you please help me?  My name was Michelle Watts.  Thank you in advance. 

Hi Michelle,

I have most of the brochures for Fairstar from 1979 onwards, unfortunately not for 1983. I do have 1984 though, however Fairstar did not do an 18-night cruise at that year, perhaps it was 16-nights and you just partied like it was 18! In any case the cruises in September/October 1984 were:

September 9th - Sydney - Boulari-Havannah Passage - Vila - Lautoka - Suva - Bounty Passage - Taunga - Nukualofa - Matthew Island - Noumea - Sydney (16-Nights)

September 25th - Sydney - Amadee - Noumea - Isle of Pines - Mystery Island - Tana Island - Vila - Havannah-Boulari Passage - Sydney (12-Nights)

October 7th - Sydney - Boulari-Havannah Passage - Vila - Suva - Bounty Passage -Taunga Island - Nukualofa - Matthew Island - Noumea - Sydney (15-Nights)

October 22nd - Sydney - Noumea - Tana Island - Vila - Suva - Dravuni Island - Lautoka - Sydney (14-Nights)

Interesting to note that each cruise has a number of 'sail-bys' - Boulari-Havannah Passage, Bounty Passage, Matthew Island, Tana Island. In the 1980's far more was made of these to pad out a sea day than generally occurs today.

In any case, I hope this assists with at least one of the cruises.

Cheers,

David

Edited by Shiprobbo
  • Like 1