​Cruise Planner Items - do you cancel when price drops?

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Huh?  They can offer OBC for just about anything....and they do. Why would they even have to deal with the CC company? Does the CC company care how much you paid and that the price went down and you're owed by RCI?

In your example, you buy an excursion for $100 and it then goes down to $90.  I don't think they can keep that original charge and apply the $10 difference the way the RC system is set up.

2 minutes ago, Acruisingperson said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't want OBC because I rarely spend any additional money once I'm on board. I want my cash. 🙂 By the way, I cancelled and rebooked something two weeks ago and I got my refund in a couple of days. 

Just go to any slot machine and cash out your OBC for cash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broons77 said:

In your example, you buy an excursion for $100 and it then goes down to $90.  I don't think they can keep that original charge and apply the $10 difference the way the RC system is set up.

Maybe not....but would be nice if they could --- and then if all you wanted was the cash, the place where you make donations on the ship can walk you through how to get it. 😇

• Haha 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Just go to any slot machine and cash out your OBC for cash. 

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I want my cash right away and not 3 months from now when I'm on board. I wish I knew why it takes forever to get a refund for a cancelled cruise and only a couple of days for cancelled cruise planner purchases, but I'm far more likely to cancel cruise planner purchases than a cruise, so I'm ok with it.

6 minutes ago, Acruisingperson said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I want my cash right away and not 3 months from now when I'm on board. I wish I knew why it takes forever to get a refund for a cancelled cruise and only a couple of days for cancelled cruise planner purchases, but I'm far more likely to cancel cruise planner purchases than a cruise, so I'm ok with it.

I hear you -- I don't understand it either -- guess it's complicated. This go round I'll stick with my non-discounted purchase and pretend I ordered a few speciality coffees onboard that I accidentally split.  Oh and those coffees have about four or five names so I guess it's justified. 

Edited by livingonthebeach