Juneau Salmon Bake

WilsonBL1228

Going to Juneau and want to know if the salmon bake excursion is worth it? Can we attend and pay on our own (not through the excursion) or is the excursion our best bet?We really want to eat fresh caught Alaskan salmon (and other seafood). Is the salmon bake in Juneau worth it or are there other recommendations for fresh caught seafood?

We were in Juneau last week and did the celebrity Mendenhall Glacier and salmon bake. The glacier was magnificent and the salmon bake was delicious. We had Coho and Sockeye salmon, all you could eat, along with clam chowder, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, salad and various vegetable dishes. We would definitely do that again. 

C68B485D-A605-49AC-B094-9C21BDDA91FF.jpeg

1CA7D9E8-7AE7-4F8A-82AF-A2FC3DA69623.jpeg

Edited by djthird2
spelling errors
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 8:19 AM, djthird2 said:

We were in Juneau last week and did the celebrity Mendenhall Glacier and salmon bake. The glacier was magnificent and the salmon bake was delicious. We had Coho and Sockeye salmon, all you could eat, along with clam chowder, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, salad and various vegetable dishes. We would definitely do that again. 

C68B485D-A605-49AC-B094-9C21BDDA91FF.jpeg

1CA7D9E8-7AE7-4F8A-82AF-A2FC3DA69623.jpeg

How long did you stay at each? I have read that people who did the excursion with the glacier and salmon bake, say they wish they had gotten more time at the glacier. What are your thoughts on the amount of time you spent at each?

You can do the salmon bake on its own. 
(Hopefully this is a legal link on CC) https://fareharbor.com/embeds/book/aktraveladventures/items/311581/calendar/2022/08/?flow=583151&full-items=yes&back=https://www.alaskatraveladventures.com/day-tours/juneau/

We did the Glacier/Salmon Bake combo in 2019 and while we enjoyed both we are planning to do the salmon bake apart from the glacier next summer because like you said others reported, the time at the glacier was to short. My husband and I ended up jogging back from Nugget Falls to the bus. I just don’t see that happening next summer, I want our kids to enjoy the sights too. 

Looking at the time stamp on photos we got off the bus at the glacier at 4:15pm and pictures at the falls at 5pm and by 5:30pm we were taking pics at the salmon bake.