does anyone know if MSC will honor the type of ONPOINT covid test where you use your own test ?

Shippy

The OnPoint site says you can use your own government approved test & then schedule to have it done with a proctor online.

Results in less than a half hour & only $14.95 ! Almost sounds to good to be true.

If you search this MSC forum for OnPoint you will find several suggestions to use it, but I didn't see (at quick glance) any discussion of issues or lack thereof at check-in. If you search all of CC, you will see some reports of it being accepted.

They supply similar information as any antigen test, so there's no reason it shouldn't work. I plan to try it when we cruise MSC in a few weeks as we are down to two eMed kits and I'm saving those for a cruise with Canada involved.

Edited by publicpersona

I just cruised on MSC Divina. I did a home test proctored by Rapid Test and Trace. They emailed my results to me, and I presented a printed copy at embarkation. I had no problem. I would imagine it would be just as smooth for you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zuzu71 said:

I just cruised on MSC Divina. I did a home test proctored by Rapid Test and Trace. They emailed my results to me, and I presented a printed copy at embarkation. I had no problem. I would imagine it would be just as smooth for you. 

Which home test kit did you use? We have to do this for our trip this weekend on the MSC Divina

• Like 1