South Pacific advice

pines46

Has anyone been on a cruise from Sydney to Fiji in January or February, we are thinking of booking Majestic Princess for 2024. It is the rainy season I have read, but been advised only rains about 1 hour a day. and possibly cyclones!! Is the sea very rough sailing from OZ.

Any one been there at this time of year. 

Hi did this cruise Jan 2020.On the majestic Princess out of Sydney. The problem we had was the smoke from the wild fires that were  burning at the time. The weather was fantastic. I donot remember it raining at all.

We did the New Zealand  cruise pror to the South  pacific and had really rough seas coming out of Milford sound. And we did the cruise to Tasmania we had rough seas on the way back to Sydney  due to a bad storm and had to leave Hobart early due that to make it back in time.

The only thing that happened to me was I fell asleep on our balcony in the sad and woke up in the sun with a very bad sun burn on my arms. The sun is stronger. I am. from Canada. So make sure to wear sun screen. 

I would book for January as the weather was good. Hope you have fun planning and have a fabulous cruise.