Celebrity Reflection Oct. 31-Nov. 13, 2022 Transatlantic from Barcelona

GaNavy

Greetings, everyone - Who's coming along for this one? There's a pretty active roll call on the general Celebrity forum for this cruise and a Pied Piper group on this sailing - I'm in it - so I wanted to start a roll call on our forum so that we might start getting in touch with each other.

I'm Gordon, living in Washington, DC, and traveling solo this time. I've taken lots of cruises but only one on Celebrity before now. This will be my third transatlantic - I love TA cruises, love Barcelona, and love solo cruising, too, as I can set the schedule myself - decide to do something at the drop of a hat or just hang out reading all day. I'm also looking forward to making new friends on board, these long cruises are great for that.

Whoever reads this, I hope you're doing well - really looking forward to this cruise and to hearing from others.

Hey Gordon, my name is Olaf, I´m from Amsterdam and I´m on the Reflection as well, oktober 31th. It´s my first TA cruise and my first solo cruise so I am excited! 
It will be my 6th cruise with Celebrity which is my favourite cruise line and second time on the Reflection so can´t wait to board and start crossing the Atlantic.

I´m looking forward meeting new people, having fun and creating some great memories. I just booked this trip a few days ago so am in the process now of exploring everything there is to read and to get ready. 

• Like 1

Hi, I will be joining you on this cruise. I am also “solo”; looking forward to joining you on this TA. from Barcelona. I love the longer cruises with several sea days to enjoy the vessel and interact with people.

I booked the flight from New York to Barcelona through the cruise line, which I have never done before, for the additional insurance they will‘get me to the boat’ Anybody have an idea why the return flight on the 13th are higher than usual?

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 3:08 PM, orijdtva said:

Hey Gordon, my name is Olaf, I´m from Amsterdam and I´m on the Reflection as well, oktober 31th. It´s my first TA cruise and my first solo cruise so I am excited! 
It will be my 6th cruise with Celebrity which is my favourite cruise line and second time on the Reflection so can´t wait to board and start crossing the Atlantic.

I´m looking forward meeting new people, having fun and creating some great memories. I just booked this trip a few days ago so am in the process now of exploring everything there is to read and to get ready. 

On 8/19/2022 at 4:43 PM, elen1 said:

Hi, I will be joining you on this cruise. I am also “solo”; looking forward to joining you on this TA. from Barcelona. I love the longer cruises with several sea days to enjoy the vessel and interact with people.

I booked the flight from New York to Barcelona through the cruise line, which I have never done before, for the additional insurance they will‘get me to the boat’ Anybody have an idea why the return flight on the 13th are higher than usual?

Hi, Olaf and elen1! I'm looking forward to meeting you both. This is only my second cruise with Celebrity (other was Equinox), I loved the ship and the food. Olaf, I think you'll enjoy solo cruising. It's a great way to meet new friends and on your own schedule, and TA cruises are the best. elen, not sure about airfares, I've looked at prices a little and thought Celebrity had a good price for both flights as a package, at least from where I live.

It's going to be a great time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, orijdtva said:

Hey Gordon, how many people are joining in the Pied Piper group?

I don't know - when I asked, they told me that they wouldn't know until close to sailing date. They did say that there are enough for the group to be hosted. 

Olaf, if you're interested in joining the Pied Piper group, you might be able to transfer your booking from your current travel agent (or Celebrity if you booked with them) to Pied Piper. You can contact them through Pied Piper dot com. The fellow who helped me is named Derek.

13 hours ago, orijdtva said:

Hey Gordon, I contacted Pied Piper Travel but because i booked through a local travel agency they said I wouldn't be able to join the group. No problem :-), we'll have fun anyway.

Sorry to hear that, Olaf, but yes, we'll have fun anyway and I'm sure you'll run into many in the group as it is. We always seem to find each other at some point. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I didn't know there was a thread here as well for this crossing.

My name is Bas, and I am also from Amsterdam. Solo, but travelling with my best friend.

Done many (Celebrity) cruises and also many transatlantic crossings. This will be the first one after Covid though.

I guess we will see you at the Martini bar!

Hey, everyone! Bumping this one up again - we've had some newcomers over on the general Roll Call board, maybe some of them - or others just booking - will come over here, too.

We only have 27 days till we sail!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone! So glad we have more here on this board. I'm solo as well, will be in Barcelona for 3 nights, arriving Friday. 

The Martini Bar it is then, or wherever else we're meeting. There's a meet-and-greet for the other Cruise Critic board for sailaway at the Sunset Bar, which will probably also be fun - Mardi Gras beads if you have them. And if you don't, I think someone there will have extras.

Counting down the days! Started packing yet?