Viking entertainment

eddieg07410

I know about the port talks but I have not heard too much about the music entertainment on the Viking cruise. We will be taking a 30 day Viking cruise in February to Australia. It is a port intensive cruise, but was wondering what kind of live music we can expect to hear and see. I am partial to jazz, classical, and classic folk rock.

26 minutes ago, eddieg07410 said:

I know about the port talks but I have not heard too much about the music entertainment on the Viking cruise. We will be taking a 30 day Viking cruise in February to Australia. It is a port intensive cruise, but was wondering what kind of live music we can expect to hear and see. I am partial to jazz, classical, and classic folk rock.

Besides the shows in the Star Theater which could be anything from a magician/mentalist to a Viking Band singer/dancer production to a comedian to a special guest singer, the Viking Band could be performing in the pool area or late night in Torshaven.  There is also a resident guitarist, pianist and string duo of perform in the different bar areas on board.  Pianist and string are usually classical or popular show type music.  The guitarist has been classic rock and folk rock.  One of our cruises the Viking Band was excellent at jazz.  All the guitarists have known every song we asked him to play.

If your cruise is a dedicated 30 days with no segment passengers, you will probably have a wide variety of special performances.

• Like 1