Pre-Reserving Shore Excursions Question

monkey1

Shore excursions just opened on our cruise, and a bunch of us pre-reserved yesterday. When we looked it told us how many spots were available, but that didn't change after we reserved the excursion. For example we booked a snorkeling excursion on St. Thomas, and it said there were 20 spots available. After we pre-reserved, it still said 20--does anyone know why the number of spots available wouldn't go down? Do they wait until people pay onboard?

Thanks!

The shore excursion number stays the same (at 20) for all excursions until they begin to sell out. If you see one that has less than 20 available it means it is selling well. Not sure why, but they always say 20 when they still have lots to sell. It does not mean there are only 20 shore excursions to sell only.

I called Princess to ask about booking an excursion for a group & asked why when we had so many booked it still showed 20. Seems they can only show 20 available because of there computers or something. So when it shows 20 available there are actually more available.

Hope things are going well for your wedding monkey1, times is starting to fly by for my daughters. We head to FLL in a little over 8 weeks!

Nancy (MOB)

The shore excursion number stays the same (at 20) for all excursions until they begin to sell out. If you see one that has less than 20 available it means it is selling well. Not sure why, but they always say 20 when they still have lots to sell. It does not mean there are only 20 shore excursions to sell only.

I agree with Toto. All of my excursions that I have reserved through Princess always had 20 so I just do not worry about it anymore.

Marilyn

Archived