Renting a car in Kahului Maui

RonenLin

We are going to sail on the NCL Pride of America on Jan 2023. It will dock in Kahului Maui for 2 days. We plan to rent a car and do the road to Hana on our own and if time allows more traveling. 

My questions are as follows:

1. What's the best way to get to the airport (we have a discount with Avis car rental)?
  2. At what time does the ship usually docks in Maui and allow people to disembark?
  3. If I rent a car for 2 days, will I be able to park it safely somewhere at the port?
  4. Is fuel expensive in Maui?

I would be digging around and finding the phone number for the local Avis office, then call them and see if they have resumed their shuttle service.

Your arrival time should be in your itinerary document.  I think it's 8am. You will be able to get off almost immediately,  maybe even early. 

As to parking,  it has been recommended here to park at a nearby shopping center, or at the airport. Both will come with a fee.

Define what you think is expensive gas. I can guarantee it's not the most expensive gas in the US, and the cheapest place is the Costco near the port and airport. 

• Like 1

Well here in Quebec Canada we are being raped when it comes to gas prices so it's probably way cheaper... 🙂

It says 8am but what I can't figure out is how come the NCL road to Hana excursion states 7am departure time.

Thanks for the info! 

Edited by RonenLin

1 hour ago, RonenLin said:

Well here in Quebec Canada we are being raped when it comes to gas prices so it's probably way cheaper... 🙂

It says 8am but what I can't figure out is how come the NCL road to Hana excursion states 7am departure time.

Thanks for the info! 

Is the road to Hana tour the second day? Or, if its the first day, that tells you their arrival time. But, again, your paperwork should have an itinerary with arrival times.

The NCL website says 8am arrival.