Struggling with selecting Southern Caribbean excursions!

aururab

22 hours ago, jean87510 said:

best island to window shop then go to beach is St. Martin.   You can do the planes at Maho 1st then make your way back to town for shopping then hang on the beach. I'd rent a car here, St. Kitt, Barbados, St. Thomas and St. Croix.  Id save tours for St. Lucia. 

also, if leaving from San Juan, stock up on breakfast or granola bars for excursions.  Lunch can be really expensive on the islands.  

I had entirely missed The Boat Yard in Barbados until this thread! And Float n Splash in St Maarten!

13 hours ago, aururab said:

Love this! My own version - I avoid using cash at all costs and put everything on a points credit that I use for travel! 🙂 

Do both.  Use the points credit cards for big things....like gas, grocery shopping...things like that.  Then do the change with small buys like going to McDonalds for lunch, running in to the store to get a candy bar or such.  Also look at your bank for Christmas club and vacation club.  Use coupons and your bonus cards at stores....whatever you save using them put away also.  

I save in so many ways that way I have more money for vacation.

22 hours ago, kimberlym322 said:

Do both.

Oh no... I'm all in on points. To the point that if I have cash for some reason I will deposit and put the purchase on my credit card! Whole other topic, but while the points are not for cruises per se, I use them for hotels! 🙂

Hyatt points are often worth 3 cents or more a point! 😉 

• Like 1