Anthem transatlantic 2022 dilemma

aquafit

Hello! I have always chosen longer length transatlantic sailings to avoid the school holidays, they are always great cruises, but I think I've made a big mistake after reading some of the roll calls/fb groups for this upcoming trip..it's half term holiday in UK! Are any seasoned cruisers out there who have experienced this before, will it be overrun with kids or still a quieter vibe? I have the option of changing to another crossing in November but was looking forwards to trying Anthem(never been on this one before)  Feedback welcome please!

Half term (for most schools, except the posh ones) is only a week so it won’t be an issue.

TAs are rarely attractive to families with kids due to their length, high proportion of sea days and one-way nature. There’ll be a few kids but it certainly won’t be overrun with them. 

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

Half term (for most schools, except the posh ones) is only a week so it won’t be an issue.

TAs are rarely attractive to families with kids due to their length, high proportion of sea days and one-way nature. There’ll be a few kids but it certainly won’t be overrun with them. 

Thanks for the reassurance, this is why I booked transatlantic, but I'm seeing so many posts about kids/vaccines etc that I'm having a rethink!  Fingers crossed it will be ok x

12 hours ago, aquafit said:

Thanks for the reassurance, this is why I booked transatlantic, but I'm seeing so many posts about kids/vaccines etc that I'm having a rethink!  Fingers crossed it will be ok x

We have done several transatlantic leaving the last two weeks of October.  Never more than a handful of kids. Our last TA on Symphony only had 6 kids under 16 years old.

13 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have done several transatlantic leaving the last two weeks of October.  Never more than a handful of kids. Our last TA on Symphony only had 6 kids under 16 years old.

Oh thank you, this is helpful!