Transatlantic cruise MSC Seaside November 17th Genoa Italy to the Caribbean Islands question

Hi friends,

I am new here however so many great cruisers, travelers and knowledgeable people indeed on this great site!. Really a lot of fun to read different experiences and opinions etc.,.

My wife and I really enjoy cruising very much however this is our first Transatlantic cruise and we are very excited. I really enjoy the sea days. So many apology's in advance friends as I will be Captain obvious here but our cruise is from Genoa onward to Marseille, Malaga, and then to the Canary Islands and so leaving the Canary Islands on November 23rd onward to Barbados-so 5 glorious days at sea?????. I have read the various excellent and knowledgeable posters some of whom seem like they were professional mariners, however I did not see anyone talk about this particular route weather wise. I Know no guarantees but I am definitely prone to sea sickness and was on the Grandiosa 2 years ago when we got hit by a medicaine with 30 foot seas. We are in the Yacht club which is located at the very front of the ship on the highest decks (16-18) which is absolutely beautiful in good weather and dreadful in bad weather. 

So does anyone kindly have any input on this? I never have taken seasick medicine before but it sounds like the patch or bonine before the 5 days at sea will make whatever comes our way no problem to handle? 

I am jealous of you lucky souls that can eat a full dinner in 20 and 30 foot seas and just enjoy the evening.

Thanks in advance and happy sailing!

7 hours ago, Eaglestrike said:

Hi friends,

I am new here however so many great cruisers, travelers and knowledgeable people indeed on this great site!. Really a lot of fun to read different experiences and opinions etc.,.

My wife and I really enjoy cruising very much however this is our first Transatlantic cruise and we are very excited. I really enjoy the sea days. So many apology's in advance friends as I will be Captain obvious here but our cruise is from Genoa onward to Marseille, Malaga, and then to the Canary Islands and so leaving the Canary Islands on November 23rd onward to Barbados-so 5 glorious days at sea?????. I have read the various excellent and knowledgeable posters some of whom seem like they were professional mariners, however I did not see anyone talk about this particular route weather wise. I Know no guarantees but I am definitely prone to sea sickness and was on the Grandiosa 2 years ago when we got hit by a medicaine with 30 foot seas. We are in the Yacht club which is located at the very front of the ship on the highest decks (16-18) which is absolutely beautiful in good weather and dreadful in bad weather. 

So does anyone kindly have any input on this? I never have taken seasick medicine before but it sounds like the patch or bonine before the 5 days at sea will make whatever comes our way no problem to handle? 

I am jealous of you lucky souls that can eat a full dinner in 20 and 30 foot seas and just enjoy the evening.

Thanks in advance and happy sailing!

You will be sailing on the Southern Route which will take you into the Caribbean.  You should have smooth sailing…so stop worrying and get ready to enjoy.  Even IF you ran into rough weather it shouldn’t last more than 12 hours. The Yacht Club on a southern transatlantic is the way to go!  

10 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

You will be sailing on the Southern Route which will take you into the Caribbean.  You should have smooth sailing…so stop worrying and get ready to enjoy.  Even IF you ran into rough weather it shouldn’t last more than 12 hours. The Yacht Club on a southern transatlantic is the way to go!  

Thank you friend,

I really appreciate your insight because I am really looking forward to this 18 day cruise. We have done back to back however never one continuous for 18 days and especially crossing the Atlantic. 

it will sure be nice to just enjoy the beautiful ship on those sea days. You really put my mind at ease with the 12 hour weather solution. 

The Yacht Club is great for sure.

Happy sailing and best regards!