Spa Activities/Presentations

TxNight

I have tried searching for this with no luck.

On daily activities, there are numerous things like foot analysis, detoxing for health, hair show, acuputure intro, diabetes herbs,, etc.  Are these worth it or just big sales pitches? If you like, can you share your favorites or ones to avoid.

Same applies to all the shopping presentations. I'm not a big shopper so will probably skip unless someone advise about ones not to miss. 

Thanks in advance. 

They are all what you refer to as 'big sales pitches'. Now, that doesn't mean some can't be good for you, if one is something of interest to you, or could be beneficial to you. 
For example, I went to one about acupuncture on a cruise and decided to try it. It helped me a LOT! I continued with it after I got home, until I could have surgery to relieve my pain. So, that presentation was worth it for me. 

If there is some gemstone you are interested in, or just like to see pretty jewelry, and have the time, sure---go to one of the jewelry talks. You don't have to buy, and the pressure isn't as great as it is when you try to take a stroll through the store. 

7 hours ago, TxNight said:

I have tried searching for this with no luck.

On daily activities, there are numerous things like foot analysis, detoxing for health, hair show, acuputure intro, diabetes herbs,, etc.  Are these worth it or just big sales pitches? If you like, can you share your favorites or ones to avoid.

Think of it as a time-share pitch for spa products and treatments. Also my personal belief if that if you have a real health concern - diabetes, pain, foot/gait problems - you should be seeing a doctor or other LICENSED healthcare professional so they can follow-up on treatment. I have not heard of hair shows but if you're interested go but maybe leave your cruisecard with a friend/partner so they can't bully you into buying product. You can always get  Elemis products online for a lot less if you still want them when you get home. Otherwise - if you want to feel pampered on your trip have a massage or mani-pedi  and just say no to add-ons!

• Like 1