Just got back from Allure of the Seas cruise. Has food fallen off on all post-Covid?

AZDivers

9 minutes ago, Viajera7 said:

The WJ was closed so we ate at Sorrentos but It was nothing special and I ate just a little. When I returned from the excursion I went to the WJ and it was closed and to my surprise the MDR was open and I had an appetizer and a soup.

OK, I'm still a little annoyed about that night. The app said the MDR was already closed when we boarded, so we didn't even try it. We waited in line forever at Sorrento's (which we weren't even in the mood for) because the app said nothing else was open. Then we found out later that lots of people were able to eat at the MDR because they happened to go by and check in person. Lesson learned.

We were on the July 15 sailing.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 3:15 PM, ryano said:

Neither will I and only one visit to the MDR to get escargot and tiger shrimp during my last cruise confirmed that.   The escargot were cold and rubbery and not what I remembered from the past and the "tiger shrimp" looked like the tiny shrimp that came on the shrimp cocktail.  None of the food was warm either.   It couldnt have been the crowds as there was only 1800 guests on a ship that holds over 4000.  It was the quality of the ingredients and temp food was served at.  All my specialty dining was excellent however.  Their trick worked on me 😉  

The Escargot was cold every single night on the Allure. Sad because that's always been a fave for us.