Great Barrier Reef Cruise from Brisbane - 7 days from 4th December, 2022

MMDown Under

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on being first on the roll call.  I tried to book and it didn't go through.  Have now sent an email request.  

How nice to be visiting your son in Brisbane, as well as doing a cruise to GBR.  My daughters love Canada and lived there as long as they were eligible (before 31)  They lived in Mont Trembland in the East and  Calgary in the West.

• Like 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Congratulations on being first on the roll call.  I tried to book and it didn't go through.  Have now sent an email request.  

How nice to be visiting your son in Brisbane, as well as doing a cruise to GBR.  My daughters love Canada and lived there as long as they were eligible (before 31)  They lived in Mont Tremblant in the East and  Calgary in the West.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked on this cruise. 

Went for a drive on Sunday to check out the new Cruise Terminal and got quite a surprise. 

Luminosa was docked at the cruise terminal. Already had my first look . LOL

Not long to go now. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitte said:

I'm booked on this cruise. 

Went for a drive on Sunday to check out the new Cruise Terminal and got quite a surprise. 

Luminosa was docked at the cruise terminal. Already had my first look . LOL

Not long to go now. 🙂

Congratulations!  Sunday was Luminosa's first cruise.  It is to the GBR like our cruise, so I'm looking forward to hearing how current passengers are enjoying the cruise.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Good to hear someone else is on our cruise.  Are you flying up on the day?

We are flying up the afternoon before. Don’t trust flights at the moment. So many cancellations. Less stress is best!

On 11/17/2022 at 8:16 AM, MMDown Under said:

Will there be enough passengers on this thread interested in meeting up on the first sea day, 5/12/22?

Hi Marion, I’m interested in meeting up. This looks like a nice community of cruisers. 

6 hours ago, Snaerff said:

Hi Marion, I’m interested in meeting up. This looks like a nice community of cruisers. 

Hi Snaerff  Welcome to this thread.  Maybe we'll have more passengers interested in meeting up on the first sea day, 5/12/22.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Capitansparrow said:

Hi I am also joining this cruise not long now, interested in meeting up

Welcome to this small thread.  Yes not long now until 4/12.  Will you be overnighting in Brisbane prior to the cruise?  Sea days have brunch in lieu of breakfast and lunch, so maybe we could meet up somewhere outside in the afternoon.  

4 hours ago, Capitansparrow said:

Yes flying up before the cruise, airlines departure times too unpredictable.

Brunch sounds good 👍 

For anyone who'd like to meet up, the suggestion is Serenity Bar, Deck 9, aft Adult only pool here also.  Yes brunch does sound good.  It is only on sea days (twice on this cruise).  Say 3 pm after brunch.  I'll wear shell necklace.  

On 11/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, MMDown Under said:

Good idea to fly the day before with the current state of the airlines. 

Forecast weather for departure day, Sunday, 4/12, is 17-24c rain.  The day before Saturday  is 16-24c rain.  (Today Thursday is wet and cold in the morning, so bring some warm clothes, if you feel the cold.) 

Good news - beautiful hot weather once the ship reaches the North   Airlie Beach- 23-29c plenty of sun, Cairns 24-32c sun/cloudy, Port Douglas 24-32c sunny/cloudy.  (Note you can get sunburnt in cloudy conditions)