Flying into HNL and Sailing Out - what are the US requirements for proving an onward journey

plettza

We'll be flying into HNL before our cruise out of HNL back to Australia.  We'll be staying in Hawai'i for a couple of weeks.  We booked only a one-way flight with HA and therefore ticketing is only inbound to the US.  We will be sailing with RCI to Sydney.

I know the CBP will require us to provide some sort of outward journey proof but what might that be?  In my Royal Caribbean account page, the ability toprint out my itinerary and so on doesn't seem to be available.  I get the message below.

image.png.8fa0bf9808bd565b871141a0fe999559.png

I've checked my email for PDF documents but because this was a kind of lift 'n' shift due to cancellations, I can't find anything.  I emailed RCI but have had no response.

Will the CBP have a system in-place that identifies us intending to leave the US on the cruise?  I looked up the CBP's website but and they had a sample declaration card but I couldn't zoom in on it to get a clearer picture.

We have completed our ETSA documentation.

Sorry if this seems elementary but we haven't travelled overseas in years and the last time we flew to the US, we had outgoing ticketing on the same airline.  I don't want to be left at the border entry gate without anyway of proving to the CBP agent that we're only staying a couple of week.

Edited by plettza

When is your cruise, and how many weeks will you be in the USA?

Have you been able to check in yet? If so, your Set Sail pass is used to board the ship. I'd have to think that CBP will accept that to prove an onward journey.

Aloha,

John 

Sorry for the belated reply but we landed in Honolulu on Saturday and the CBP guy was pretty cool. He simply asked how long we're staying 'til. We told him we'll be here until the 9th and it was all good. A bit of a chat later, we were on our way. No need for paperwork or any proof of an onward journey... All good. 

Edited by plettza
  • Like 1