Back from Regal Princess - review and some thoughts

Leo37

On 10/1/2022 at 5:26 AM, Leo37 said:

Thanks. We were on Dolphin. The room itself was very typically Princess.

We've always had regular balconies before, and think the only real difference is a small but comfy sofa and coffee table and a slightly larger room to accommodate it. Slightly changes the layout near the balcony door. We booked the cruise while COVID was still more of a thing, and we thought we might want some more private space.

I think we'd go back to a regular balcony next time for a warm / sunny cruise. We used the sofa a bit, but preferred being on balcony or out and about on the ship. Maybe for cold weather cruise, we might think about it.

But stateroom steward great, and small grumbles about shower curtain and charging sockets aside, all very good.

Enjoy your transatlantic!

Thanks  Leo - we are on the Dolphin also. We got a CC Mini last time on our last TA in  the " Best Sale Ever" promotion.  It was nice, but not worth the difference it would have been on this cruise

We were on the Athens to Barcelona leg of this cruise as well and found the Regal to be wonderful.  This was our first cruise post Covid and we felt although there may be a few differences from pre Covid, the entire cruise was incredible.  The crew was seemed very happy to be back and we found everyone to be helpful and friendly.  We booked EZ Air from Charlotte, NC and all flights went smoothly and we had no problems at all.

We arrived in Athens 3 days before the cruise, which was a great choice for us as it gave us time to adjust to the time difference and explore Athens as well.  Although we were only able to do one leg of this cruise, we hope to go back in a few years for the "rest" of the legs.  Amazing itinerary!!

Your review was wonderful!  We are booked on the Regal next June for the British Isle cruise and cannot wait to board her again!

17 hours ago, ckrcjr said:

We were on the Athens to Barcelona leg of this cruise as well and found the Regal to be wonderful.  This was our first cruise post Covid and we felt although there may be a few differences from pre Covid, the entire cruise was incredible.  The crew was seemed very happy to be back and we found everyone to be helpful and friendly.  We booked EZ Air from Charlotte, NC and all flights went smoothly and we had no problems at all.

We arrived in Athens 3 days before the cruise, which was a great choice for us as it gave us time to adjust to the time difference and explore Athens as well.  Although we were only able to do one leg of this cruise, we hope to go back in a few years for the "rest" of the legs.  Amazing itinerary!!

Your review was wonderful!  We are booked on the Regal next June for the British Isle cruise and cannot wait to board her again!

Thanks Cindy and Craig, so glad you enjoyed. Great you're booked on the Regal again next year and as a Brit, allow me to say I hope you enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Leo, thank you. While I am Elite with Princess, I haven't been on one of their ships in nearly 8 years and am looking at the Regal in December when she's back in the US. I'm debating Regal (with my comfort with Princess) vs Oasis (I know, sacrilege here on a Princess forum) for 2 first time cruisers and this is what I needed to see. It seems like I will be very familiar with the ship should I choose to introduce them to Princess - with some nice changes.

Well done. Thanks again.