Please help with my Mykonos day!

fishiecrackers

We will be in Mykonos in mid-June 2023 with our 3 teenagers, and I think we'll just do a beach day during the day, and then shopping in the evening. Our ship is in port from 7am-8pm on a Sunday. We are first-time cruisers, so I'd welcome any help with logistics/suggestions. None of us drink or party, so my main criteria for a beach would be: easy to reach from cruise port, not super loud and wild, able to rent lounge chairs (concerned about finding 5 loungers in heavy tourist season), possibly would like to rent kayaks or SUPs to be out on the water a bit. Thinking of renting our lounge chairs online ahead of time so that we don't need to stress about finding enough of them somewhere - or are they plentiful in June? 

Ideas I have in my notes include Agios Stephanos, Super Paradise, Platis Gialos, and Agia Anna. Would any of these match what I'm looking for, or are there others I should consider? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

we did ship excursion (celebrity) to beach with drinks and lunch included. the coldest water I've ever been in and this was early July. someone said the ocean dropped way off just beyond beach. I would guess 20% of the people really got in. Once you got in and was there a bit is was ok but if you got out you didn't go back. 

On 9/27/2022 at 4:13 PM, fishiecrackers said:

We will be in Mykonos in mid-June 2023 with our 3 teenagers, 

You might want to consider a 4-wheel drive tour of Mykonos.  They are lots of fun and stop at beaches for a swim.  You can do a half day or a full day excursion.  

https://www.mykonosexclusivetours.com/met-adventure-tour.html

There are now several companies that offer them and also ATV tours.  

On 10/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, marazul said:

You might want to consider a 4-wheel drive tour of Mykonos.  They are lots of fun and stop at beaches for a swim.  You can do a half day or a full day excursion.  

https://www.mykonosexclusivetours.com/met-adventure-tour.html

There are now several companies that offer them and also ATV tours.  

Love this idea! Thanks! The excursion options keep adding up.... 🤣

On 10/11/2022 at 1:29 AM, jbdawg said:

we did ship excursion (celebrity) to beach with drinks and lunch included. the coldest water I've ever been in and this was early July. someone said the ocean dropped way off just beyond beach. I would guess 20% of the people really got in. Once you got in and was there a bit is was ok but if you got out you didn't go back. 

You can get to most beaches on a public bus for a couple of Euros. The bus terminal is an easy walk from the tender dock and is just the other side of the windmills. All the beaches have a great selection of tavernas for eating and drinking virtually right on the sand.