MSC Newbie questions

ellie1145

We are hoping to book a week on Virtuosa to the Northern European ports out of Southampton, and would appreciate some info from anyone familiar with MSC.

The ship sails at 8.00 pm so does boarding start at the normal midday time?

What time can you drop luggage off?

Is the main dining room flexible dining or two sittings?

Do they still match your loyalty level on other cruise lines? We are Elite on Princess and Diamond Plus on RCI. What benefits does this give you (if any).

Any tips or advice would be gratefully received. 

Many thanks 

Hi, if  you are sailing at the end of August we will likely be on the same cruise.

To answer your questions

You will be allocated a boarding slot, to try and keep queue times to a minimum.

(I've found most lines including MSC to be a little flexible around this)

Luggage can be dropped as soon as you arrive at the port but like I stated earlier, they are all pretty flexible with boarding.

It depends what experience package you book, Aurea allows flexible dining, Bella and fantastica are set time.

They will still match your loyalty, but you must do this before you book if you wish to avail of the voyagers club discount on your booking. Depending on your level there are benefits like $50 OBC, free chocolate, free spa treatments, free/discounted speciality dining, and of course discount on your cruise.

My best tip is just go and have fun, my other tip is if you drink alcohol book the including drinks option when making the booking it is cheaper to book it then than at any other time.

• Like 1

Even in a last minute booking you can try to match the status. I uploaded my hotel status on 19.9 got matched on 20.9. I called MSC Germany and asked if they can update my ticket to diamond. It was just a click on the computer of the MSC employer responsible for voyagers club. But the price is the same, you won’t get 5% discount that way.

currently there seems to be a classic to silver and silver to gold matching event in Germany. Don’t know it for UK.

If you're in UK best option for status match is to ring and select option for more information on voyagers club. Did the Web form and then emailed my screenshot again and they ignored it until I called up. Then only matched me to classic even though I was top tier Best Western. I can see they publish status match conversion at mscbook.com for travel agents so I'm calling back later. 

• Thanks 1

Quick update re:Status Match the lady I spoke with agreed I was matched to wrong level and has sent a request off. I sail in 4 days so no chance it'll be done by then I'm guessing if last experience is something to go on.

@ellie1145 when they status match you check it against level published on mscbook.com 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

If you're in UK best option for status match is to ring and select option for more information on voyagers club. Did the Web form and then emailed my screenshot again and they ignored it until I called up. Then only matched me to classic even though I was top tier Best Western. I can see they publish status match conversion at mscbook.com for travel agents so I'm calling back later. 

Thank you for that information. I’ll keep on the back of it. 

What is the situation regarding internet? Is it very expensive?