Experience with Virgin Atlantic's Chat line for Flights across the Pond.

shiner6

As it is my first Trip to cruise out of Europe, I did tons of research here and on other sites before booking my airfare.  I easily booked my RT from JFK to LHR and purchased a ticket which stated that changes can be made easily by using their "chat" automatic session.    Well, as it happens, I needed to change my return flight for a day later.  Same time, same seats, just a day later. 

I tried the Virgin chat "bot" for 7 days in a row at different times in one day----so very many attempts.  No luck, no way to leave a message to be contacted, no way to leave a complaint.  I tried using all the forms they directed me to, only to be sent back to the "bot".  The "bot" stated that they were too busy with other patrons and to try again later, then "it" dismissed me!!!   Ok, I can attribute lots of service issues to covid, but come on now, there has been plenty of time to get this straightened out.  

Yesterday, after multiple phone attempts and persistence, I was able to speak with a rep. who was quite pleasant and assured me it was an easy fix since I wanted the same flight and seats.   I was sooo grateful to her........until I received my updated itinerary!!!! My seats are not assigned ( I paid $92 per seat extra for 3 exit row seats). If I try to assign these seats by myself, I have to pay the fee again!!!   

By this time, I feel defeated and angry about this entire process.  Want to warn others before they make a choice.

1 hour ago, shiner6 said:

I was sooo grateful to her........until I received my updated itinerary!!!! My seats are not assigned ( I paid $92 per seat extra for 3 exit row seats). If I try to assign these seats by myself, I have to pay the fee again!!!

What are Virgin's terms and conditions for a paid seating request? Do they allow you to carry over the paid fee to a new flight, or do they say that you have to pay again if you change your flight?

The important thing, though, is to make sure that you have confirmed reservations on your new flight. Seat allocations are of secondary importance.

• Like 1

I used Virgin this summer flying JFK to LHR. I needed to contact them a few times about the flight and they were very helpful and accommodating. Much more so then when I was dealing with Delta as well since it was a co-share RT. I never use the bot system and always call them directly. I also called late at night 12:00/1:00 NY time and got connected very quickly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, styme123 said:

I used Virgin this summer flying JFK to LHR. I needed to contact them a few times about the flight and they were very helpful and accommodating. Much more so then when I was dealing with Delta as well since it was a co-share RT. I never use the bot system and always call them directly. I also called late at night 12:00/1:00 NY time and got connected very quickly.

Thanks, where did you find that phone number?